Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful Heart...

We had grand plans to travel this Thanksgiving.
And then after RyGar had to "go underground" as we call it, to meet a deadline that popped up unexpectedly, so we made the executive decision to stay close to home.
And while I'll miss the traditions of being with my own brother and sister, I'll be glad to see these little brothers catalogue more of their own.
So, after our feast of fowl with Grandma and Grandpa Gardner and Aunt Nett...
We'll hang Christmas lights, and attend a basketball game, and go to a movie and take a winter's hike.  And generally do whatever we feel like doing... which should include putzing around in our PJs on cold mornings while we Christmas-ify this joint.
Especially if the PJs look anything like these buffalo checked beauties.
Swoon.
 Though my restless heart aches to travel and reach for some wanderlust... and my gypsy husband will be hard-pressed to stay put for an extended weekend... it's good for us to sometimes slow down and bask in simple, and be grateful for all the little things we enjoy every day.
Like a carousel ride to celebrate no cavities after the dentist.  YAY!

Tomorrow there will be waxy crayons to color turkeys with feathers that list off all the things these little men of ours are grateful for... last night, in prayer, those things included "Dale Murphy" and "Deer with big horns".  I love that they share what they're feeling right now.  
And my prayer is that I can take all this abundant love that I feel in this phase of my life, this enthusiasm, this hunger to create, this body that yearns to nurture and stretch and see, this love for babies and toddlers, this attraction to words and pretty things and these gorgeously complex humans that make me feel alive and grateful and so loved, this world with it's vistas and seasons... all of that and more.  I hope I can make something beautiful of it every day.  

How's that for gushy gratitude... 
Let's even things out a bit, shall we?
There... Now, please pass the stuffing. 
Little turkeys...
:)

No comments: