Monday, November 10, 2014

A Weekend Timeline...

Today the weather matches my mood of yesterday.  It's cold and windy with flutters of the slightest snowflakes flying about in the gusts.  Those little flakes are too light and airy to do anything but be tossed about in the wind so it's all very spastic and erratic looking.  

We're doing all we can to recover from our weekend which was part awesome/part hellish... as weekends go.

Enter the awesome parts in timeline format:
Friday Fun Day
Ace eats the breakfast of champs:  Rice crispy treat and chocolate milk.
Dax is stoked to have the share bag at Preschool.
Kaelster votes for bowling for our "Friday Fun Night" and he quickly receives the majority vote.
 Bowling Brothers...
And bowling shoes... on wrong feet.  :)
 Along with killer bowling form.
 Free In-N-Out Burger for dinner thanks to our "trunk or treating" 
and the weekend is off to a swell start.

Saturday Night:
The park, dinner and swimming with these hooligans.
A group cousin jump into the hotel pool.
Baths, Trains and Bedtime.
 Followed by a 2 am frantic wake up call from the croupiest hyperventilating Kaelster of all time.
I nearly panicked, packed him in the car to the ER and cried.
Instead, I loaded the two other littles together in the master bed and headed out to the trampoline with Big K to breathe in that cold night air.
And he slept.  And his breath came more easily.  And my heart rate finally slowed to a normal pace.

The next day Papa Bear finally made it home after a week away.  I had the boys with me at a baby blessing after spending all morning at InstaCare to get Kael some steroids.  And when Ryan met me at the Target parking lot to get Kael, so the rest of us could join the extended family at the luncheon, I said, "Here you go... his prescription should be ready inside.  See you at home."  It's not really WHAT I said but HOW I said it.  You know with enunciation on just the right words and syllables to infer that he left me high and dry and this was all his fault.  I know that's simply not true, but after a sleepless night and emotions running high, I said it, instead of completely losing my shit and bawling my eyes out right there in the parking lot.

We made it to the luncheon.  We came home and Kael was asleep next to Daddy-o.  Ryno got up and took Dax and Ace and I went upstairs to the warmest room I could find, wrapped myself in a quilt and slept.  Like a brick.  

Naps always make everything better.  Well, naps and drugs in this instance.  Have a good sleep and wake up and just feel the walls fall down and look at your cute kids and your husband who took the brunt of your emotional feistiness and smile that cheesy/sheepish "I'm so blessed and I'm sorry I acted as if the world was ending" smile.
And then, give three cheers for Monday.  Which NEVER happens (poor Monday).  Because Monday brings restored order... Family all home and on the mend - Check.  Warm House with stacks of laundry to do - Check.  Grocery Shopping done and dinner in the oven - Check.
It's all good.  Despite that frantic weather outside.

No comments: