Wednesday, October 29, 2014

You're a Great American...

In September the kiddos and I had to stop at Costco in another city.  We were en route to somewhere and I'd forgotten sunscreen, so we pulled into the foreign/familiar grounds and hurried in.  What greeted us inside the doors?  Costumes... of the great American hero variety.

Listen, I may not be one to decorate my house to the nines or throw a pumpkin carving party in the back yard - but when it comes to dressing my little misters?  I got this.
Or rather - they got this.  Oddly, there wasn't one argument about who should get which costume, and further, no one even contemplated the Astronaut suit for a split second.  Which says something, but what, I'm not sure --  Love you Buzz Armstrong.
Love them more...
My great American Heroes.
And the whole group of them?  Geez, Louise... I feel like maybe I should submit this picture to be printed on the cover of next year's Pottery Barn's holiday catalogue.  Raise your hand if you concur.
Then brace yourself for this...
Ace Face has been wanting to be a "fi-oh-fighto" for many months now.  I do believe Ryno started this whole phenomenon when he brought little red hats from Firehouse Subs on a random summer day?
Or maybe this all started with our first Preschool field trip to the fire house last year?
Or maybe it's just in his genes and he feels close to Great Grandpa Clement when he puts on this little get up.  But really... who cares what his reasons are?  I've never seen such a handsome rescuer.  I might just get a little pyro this afternoon so he'll have to come save me.  :)
And then there's this cool cat.
Lawd Have Mer-SAY does he ever play the part.
I personally have no knowledge of anyone being a member of a SWAT team in our family tree.  But I'm really crossing my fingers that maybe this little bad A$$ boy starts a trend?
Dax Man... There are hardly words.
But with that face of yours in these pictures... there really doesn't need to be any.
And last, but certainly not least, we have the Sarg.
If that face doesn't say, "Drop and give me ten!" I don't know what does.
He was born to play this role.
He was oddly fixated with his compass.
There was a whole lotta pointing and hand signals being given.
And when I'd burst out laughing at his looks of consternation, he would join in... like he just realized he was gettin' WAY too serious.
But then again, being a big, bad, "army guy" is serious business.
So that frantic Costco run in September?  Yeah.  I'm not regretting that one.
And come Halloween day when it's snowing and cold... I won't regret this night in the hay field, either.
Happy Haunting, Y'all. 

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Such cute photos! Can I bring my kids over and have you take their halloween costume pictures?? Love it!