Thursday, October 16, 2014

At the Ready...

You know those "neighborhood watch" signs you used to see back in the "Safety Kids" era?  {Please tell me you know the words to the Safety Kids songs?}  Well, I feel it my duty to inform all the bad guys in the world, that we have a neighborhood watch.  Spider man is perched in our biggest tree and at the ready to defend this joint.  Bad guys be warned...
Further, it should be noted that the reds on our silver maple deserve nothing shy of the gold.  Yessss to the foliage out my back window.
It's worth mentioning the Mister Potatoe Head hat still "fits" Ace.  And he wears it in all seriousness.  This is not a look he struts around in for a laugh people.
Also at the ready... my cell phone, to call first responders in the event that Dax throws all caution to the wind and decides to do a back flip out of the tree.  I mean, we are doing gymnastics again so flips are on the brain.
And speaking of gymnastics... Did you know gym rats run in threes?  I am praying you get an infestation of gym rats yourself.  It's the best kind of thing to let run rampant in my humble opinion.
 And I'm thanking my lucky stars that they all fit in the 3-5 year old gym class at the Rec Center!
It's a three-fer... easy peasy!
What is not easy is getting Ace to let go of the rope.
#deathgrip
 
I can't even tell you how much they love it OR how good they think they are at it!  Destined for gold in their own minds, for certain.  And don't you just wish you could bottle that up and give them a serving full when they need it later in life?
I'm at the ready for that too.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Adorable! I love the serious look on Ace's face as he wears that hat. Like "What? I dare you to say something about my hat." Hilarious.