Monday, October 6, 2014

Of Ryno in "Huntober"...

So here's something... I'm currently a single lady.  Before you bust out some Beyonce - I should correct myself.  At present, I'm a single Mom.  You who have hunters for husbands know why...
Y'all, it's "Huntober".
I'm not complaining, really.  Here's why.  A couple of weeks ago we stole away and saw, "Let's Be Cops" before the hunting season began.  You guys, it was not even remotely on my radar, but to sit in the seat next to my boyfriend and hear him laugh out loud in boyish fits at ridiculously lame and crude comedy?  Be still my soul.  My mouth is turned up in a smile just remembering it.  
Two things here... THAT is why Dumb and Dumber made millions in the Box Office, and also, mindless humor for the big five-year-old grown man belly laughing next to me?  It's the best.  And it reminds me of those days we used to make out in the back of my jeep and our biggest worry was having to wake up for World Civ at nine am the next day.  
In that same vein (only without the making out part) - he's out in the hills where he feels free - with no home responsibilities weighing on his mind and little work... and instead of being "Dad" or "Financial Consultant" he's that ruggedly handsome boy I fell in love with all that time ago out doing something he loves.  And while I really adore the Dad he has become and the bread winner he is, it's nice that he gets to revisit that RyGar... and have a break from wiping bums and returning emails.  You know?
So here's to my hubs.... lover of Huntober.
I wouldn't fight the bedtime war solo for just anyone.   But for you?   Apparently I'll do this schtick for weeks on end.  I only ask for a make out sesh in the back of a jeep upon your return.  :)
Love you, Ryno.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

You are such a nice wife! I think he should give you a make out sesh AND a spa day. :-)