Monday, October 20, 2014

The Deer Hunt... 2014 Edition

This year both RyGar and I had deer tags.  This year, we buoyed ourselves up for the "Gardner Family Deer Hunt" -- the family part is a new addition.  But isn't there some official rule written somewhere that little boys are totally ready at the ripe old ages of 3, 4, and 5?
Ready or not - Here we come!
The pep talk...
The country...
The luckiest lady in the land.
AND
The mighty tiny hunters.

It wasn't easy.  Seriously, I don't know how many times we asked them to be quiet.  I don't know how many juice boxes or snacks were ingested, and I don't know how many truck naps were had.
But I do know that when I saw them all like this.
It was worth it.
Long story short... we hunted, we played, we conquered.
OK, Fine.  50/50.
The real men are holding out for bigger trophies next weekend when they hunt kid-free.  But me?  I'm totally stoked about my little two-point, especially when my trio of little huntin' buddies said, 
"Great Job, Mom!"
Is there a better victory than those faces?
I don't think so, friends.
And a big XO to my patient hubs who teach these little men all about the important things in life.  And for guiding me to success.  He's my best trophy. 

1 comment:

The Sutherland Family said...

Those are some super cute little matching hunters! Way to get one down =)