Monday, August 11, 2014

Willie and The Gang...

I feel like I must be a distant relative of Willie Nielsen.  Not just because I love a good red bandana, or  a set of braids... but because I have a major need to "get on the road again" that takes over every part of me until it's realized.

Hence, a road trip through southern Utah last week with my little sidekicks. 
And mind you - I didn't even pack the real camera, so if the quality of these images is less than overwhelming, know that every one of them was an IPhone shot.  Not bad, Apple and definitely not too shabby, Wayne Wonderland.  
I should tell you that this is basically the prettiest place you can ever catch the ugliest little critters on the food chain.  Sorry, Crawdads, but the truth hurts.
Kaelster got that stellar new "crawdad net" from Grandma Gail and Grandpa Hooky for his birthday and it was the first thing in his suitcase.  He was going to test it out if it was the ONLY thing he did.
Turns out, we're pretty stellar crawdad fishers.  Dax was especially hard core and he kept fishing long after his brothers wondered off into the hills exploring.  He gets that from his mama.  I admit it... I could have fished for those little buggers all day.  It was oddly exhilarating.
More to come soon.
These little men of ours have gravel in their guts - they're such road warriors.
I freakin' love it.