Monday, August 18, 2014

The Tail End...

It's the tail end of summer...Literally.
Soon we'll be restarting our season of organized learning.  But before we do, let's reminise together about those last luxurious days of summer.  When we floated around dreamily in an empty pool like the last few fruit loops in a bowl of morning cereal.
{Come on, you know that picture conjures up that image for you too}
 
And we basked in our complete world domination.  Fine, we basked in the dominion over the splash park.  Which is pretty cool too.
 I could watch them do this for hours.  They are completely carefree.  The picture of true joy.  It makes me grateful for their healthy little bodies and their strong sense of adventure and their companionship in one another.
Man do they have a good time with their built in best friends as brothers.  I hope they always do.  We are a lucky bunch.  And we've clearly won the lottery on the Y chromosomes.
Do we have our moments of crabbiness on these little getaways?  You bet.
Do I dwell on them?  Not a chance. 
I hope in their memories they are able to overlook the times I lose my cool, and focus, rather, on the overarching theme of sun and water and fun and just being together.
 Because it's been a week since we snapped these photos, and that's all I remember...
Smiles upon smiles, and belly laughs galore.
 And all good things must come to an end.
We made it back to the arms of our papa bear safe and sound.  For story time and snuggles and sweet dreams in the comfort of our own beds.
And that's something almost as nice as a getaway.