Friday, August 15, 2014

Southern Comforts...

So are you tiring of road trip pics?  Too Bad.
Just kidding, I'm almost done.
But listen, southern Utah provides the best dang back drops it almost fools me into thinking I have photog skills.  I don't.  It's just the beautiful scenery, the bluest skies and these three cute kids I know.
 
Anyway, we did more hiking in Bryce Canyon.  Actually we hiked to Mossy Cave which is a childhood favorite of mine, but might not technically be considered Bryce Canyon.  And then we made a pit stop in St. George.  It was literally a day where we logged six hours in the pool followed by the obligatory hour at the splash park and a ride on the carousel.  We are hardy like that.  
Also, it was the day I heard a million times over how "disappointing" it was that I made them wear life jackets.  Apparently just 4 and just barely 5 is the age when it is down right embarrassing to wear a flotation device.  In my defense, I forgot to pack floaters and I wasn't about to do it on my own without them.  MEANest Mom ever.  Clearly.
They got over it, and began doing stunts like cliff divers off this man made waterfall that I'm not sure was intended to be used as a diving board, but alas... HOURS of entertainment.   And Bonus - there was a statuesque palm tree in the back ground.  Love.
 
Allow me to point out how fun it is to watch them play together.  They were sooo very close to getting Ace to join them.  Next summer it'll be a three man cliff diving extravaganza.  He jumped from the lower ledges which were just "far beneath" the big boys' skill set.  In other words, he jumped solo.  :)
 
I feel like I'm mid-science-project and I'm just waiting to see if my hypothesis is actually proven wrong.  But seriously - My fearless little fish and I will wrap up this big report next time.
You don't have to hide your relief.  I feel you.
XO

No comments: