Monday, May 12, 2014

Chalk One Up...

I'll be right honest with you - the afternoon spring sun at our house warms the concrete and just makes me drag out all the mama tricks I have tucked away in the garage.  For selfish reasons mostly.  I can't even stomach the thought of staying indoors to fold another load of laundry.  All the windows are open anyway to let in the lilac scented breeze... and so, I shirk all my duties but one...  

Sidewalk chalk duty... with my babes.
Fine, I mostly entertain the neighbor kids since mine aren't so impressed with my chalk game, but while I doodle they ride their bikes around us or blow bubbles or dig holes in the flower beds.  And occasionally, if I'm really lucky, they'll pose for a picture.

Sometimes it's begrudgingly...
I've adjusted my art accordingly.  :)
Enter, attack of the killer Monarch.
a.k.a Kael hates the sun in his eyes and wants to ride bikes anyway.
Or the poorly drawn spider who sat on Ace's tuffet.
Again - posing credit lands squarely with the sun.
This is the only photographic evidence I have that Dax is even around during our afternoon sketching sessions.  That boy rides circles around us (literally) as we sit on our chalk covered tooshies and draw.
Ace is the only one who will play along willingly one out of ten times.  But man, oh man, I'm popular with the rest of the hood.  And really, I'll take it.
My chalk art brings all the boys to the yard...
I know you're singing that Milkshake song right now.  You're welcome for that.  :)

1 comment:

The Sutherland Family said...

your chalk art really does bring all the boys...and girls to the yard =) and ya really do have some serious art skills!