Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cheeky Boom...


I missed these sweet little high pockets this weekend.  This little toosh was off with Daddy-o for the last weekend of scouting before the big elk hunt actually takes place.  It was his turn and he knew it and he talked about going to Grampa Hooky's house in the white truck all week long.  He was one happy two-year-old dreaming of four-wheelers.


Then RyGar sent me the report that Dax Man was "different" this weekend.  Shy and more reserved.  Less apt to show off and share his bag o' tricks.  Just observant and quietly content.

I sent the report that I was calling Big K, "Saint Kael" all weekend.  His competitive edge was in hibernation without his brother around and he was zen and "different" in his own right.


Their little solo personalities simply amaze me.  They really are "two peas in a pod" when they're together and when they're separated for any great length of time, they are at a bit of a loss.  If I were assigned a science project at this stage in my life - that would be my topic for sure.  It is astounding.

And that leads me to my next observation...

How much does this fall weather rock your socks off?  I was running around chasing after our newest runner (Acey has learned to sprint y'all, and he thinks it is hilarious to be pursued) and snapping I-Phone photos like a lunatic at the park on Saturday because the light was filtering through the golden trees and making me swoon like I was high on something other than life.  


And I just stopped and had a moment where I declared aloud,
"I am in love with our fabulous Indian Summer."
And Ace shook his head "No No" at me because a random proclamation like that does indeed make one sound like she is from crazy-ville.
And I know it is changing, but still, let's just give  it a big old "Boo Yah" because it's been so totally awesome.


Boo - freakin' - Yah!


And lastly, I have thoughts about holidays and vacations and mama methods that have been making my heart ever so happy, but I pulled 'em out of the old cranium oven tonight and stuck a toothpick in them and they came out all gooey and unfinished... so more to come later.
I blame the time change on my befuddled evening thoughts.
But... "I'll be back."  :)

3 comments:

Mel said...

Wow! I've missed a lot of posts!
Those cheeks are killing me! Love them!
Wish you would send some of that fall weather this way...it looks delightful!

The Belnaps said...

also loving the weather and i just saw the post on your tramp..way to go girl..oh and Ryan! nice to check that one off!

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El Niño Y Tu Pilin