Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanks - Give it to Me Baby...



I am thankful that Kaelster can and does peel his own Cuties.  Not only that, I practically melt when he peels and separates one for his bestie, Dax Man.

I am thankful that Acey has rad nicknames like, "Boo" (long story) and that Daximus screwed it up to create a hilarious new nickname, "Boobie".  And so it begins...

I am thankful for two whole days... Christmas shopping and talking NON-FREAKING-STOP with my bestie, sans babies, while our amazing hubs' held down the home fronts.
Addendum to that...
I am thankful for a bestie.  Seriously, does anyone get all nostalgic and giddy and generally sound like a Positive Action song when they get to hang with a friend from high school?  I know, right?!


Are you totally wondering about these pumpkin carving pics?  
Oh yeah, I am grateful to have toddlers that want to carve their pumpkins on November 18th while I bake pies. 
Calendar?  Where we're from, we don't need any calendar...

I am thankful for a hubs.  Not just any hubs, my hubs.  My kids adore him.  He is the best kisser (ya heard me) and he totally appreciates what I do all while doing what he does and providing for us so that I can do what I do.  (Did we just come full circle?)  He's a little Nicholas Sparks novel masculine hero-esque.  Or a lot - depends on the day.  :)

I am thankful for our home.  It is frequently disheveled and almost always loud, but it is our place in this world and let's just go ahead and say it... the people I share it with rock my socks off.

I am thankful for Acey who cruises around our house like a little Turrets babe.  His latest tricks are Patty Cake and "No, No, No" along with "SIT DOWN!" and "Buh Bye".  He randomly shares these tricks in the most unfitting moments and it makes me laugh.


I am thankful for the Holidays.  I know it sounds super cheese, but don't you think that traditions and the focus on love and our blessings just bring out the best in most people?  Pretty soon Christmas is going to vomit all over our house and I can barely contain myself!

I am thankful to be a mama.  I know that sometimes you're like, "No shoot, Sherlock", that's basically all you ever write about.  But you know what?  These little people make me smile every single day.  And holla.  And smile.  And for some reason, the Heavens put us all on the same team.  And I love it.

I am thankful for cinnamon bears.  Because, it's nice to have something soft and cinnamon and the way they stick to your teeth to provide a much more substantial snack than they actually are?  Genius.


I am thankful for family.  More than just my silly little troop, but Ry's parents and my parents and our siblings.  I appreciate all they do for us and I can't tell you how comforting it is to be surrounded by people that love us and want what is best for us.

I am thankful for DVR.  Every night when RyGar and I get some "us time"... we just watch and fast forward and watch and pause and watch and - OH - we have been spoiled by a silly little TV technology.  Bless you, DVR.

And I guess some of these are trite, but the usual feelings of gratitude still apply for our freedom and our comforts of life and our religion and our able bodies and healthy minds.  The gravity of our blessed life is not lost on me.  But sometimes, it's the little things too.... a series of lots of little seemingly insignificant things throughout the day that leave you feeling full and happy and blessed.


So, there it is.  My grateful list for 2012.  And it doesn't hurt that my life is, literally, the greatest.  I was born lucky so I can't really take any credit for it.  And I have RyGar now, who steers this ship like a seasoned Cap-ee-Tan... but since it is indeed MY life, I'm gonna brag, just a smidgeon, and bask in it... 'Cause I can.

1 comment:

The Belnaps said...

amen to the dvr right? bless whoever thought of that genious idea. and christmas is about to throw up at our house..tomorrow..