Monday, November 12, 2012

Up to No Good...

Where did the week go?
Seriously what the what have we been doing?



...Playing nurse to a little snot rocket baby boy as he battled his first "real" cold...



...Chasing after "Swiper" and Nacho Libre as they perused through every drawer of Daddy-Os looking for "treasures" like his specs and creating stunning little get ups...



...Considering hibernating with my little warm bunkin as we awoke to the first significant snows of the season...



...Coloring with "Crains" and painting "Wif water and toof-brushes".
We're regular art-Eests around here...


...Watching election results and feeling a little miffed when our man, Mitt lost.  But we all applauded him as one of those politicians who fought a good fight and bowed out graciously.  
P.S. Kaelster heard "boating" instead of "voting" and was ticked at the false advertising when we left the premise and still no swimsuit...


...Started Christmas shopping - Oh that first gift, Right?  That first gift just makes me smile!...


...Cheered on the Jazz to victory in the not cheap seats (but free to us)... free is the best...



...Bubbled our cares away as we made ourselves look like Santa (or George Washington)...

So here's the real deal.  

RyGar is out of town and that makes me the single mama to two toddlers and a sick baby plus there was a snow storm which put us squarely stuck inside for the bulk of the weekend plus there was our dryer that kicked the bucket which meant a constant line of crusty drying things hanging all over the house.... and you know what?  I am ready for a long afternoon of absolutely nothing.

No, really, I would probably do something super stellar like drive to the library and stare at a wall and feel like it was paradise.


But alas ("Glass half full.... Glass half full... Glass half full...) I am realizing how grateful I am to have a hubs who doubles as a bacon bringer-homer and a killer dad.  I am grateful for my mostly healthy and happy toddlers and a baby who makes the coldest wintery day warm and hilarious.  A brand spankin' new washer and dryer will be delivered to yours truly on Wednesday AND I have a date with an old friend (she's not old... just our friendship is old and cozy like that long lost sweat shirt) coming soon. 

Take that.  No really, stick it where the sun don't shine crappy last week.  


Onward and Upward, Ya'll.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Sick babies are no fun that's for sure!
Yeah to you and your new washer and dryer! I keep crossing my fingers that mine will keel over and when they get close Ry just fixes it! Darn that handy man!
Wish we were closer!

Jen McGill said...

Oh, Amber, that's what I love about you! Your ability to see the bright side of everything! I just got a new dishwasher silverware rack today! I'm so excited! Sorry that your man, Romney didn't win. That drive to Bellingham where I tried to convince you to vote for Obama will live in infamy. I've told that story countless times. Sigh....Hope your beautiful babe feels better soon!

The Belnaps said...

can't wait! seriously..i really can't. I am 2 year old giddy excited. Friday..get here all ready