Friday, November 16, 2012

Ramblings...



Awesome little Ramblings...  



So, hold the phone because this post is pretty much for this mama and her hubs and our future posterity.  Yep, a long old drawn out journal entry that you should only read if you're stuck in line for a caramel apple beverage at Starbucks and you're hard up for a little humor or something.  I promise... it's kinda lame if you're anyone but me.


OK, now that I got that out.... Here are some of my most favorite recent little ramblings from our littles. Let's face it - 1 + 2 + 3 = Hilarious.  Downright goof ball, crazy one-liners that make me swoon at my mama status.  Here goes nothin'...



In the car, "Hold on Cheetos, we're gonna go up a hill!"  Way to take care of your little orange BFFs, Kaelster.

In the backyard, before we commenced play, we had to, um, "clean up" after Coop as always, if you know what I mean... "Come on guys!  Wets go scoop the poop!  Mom, der's one right der!  OOOHHH That's a freshy, babe!"  Seriously, Dax... who are you?

At Grampa's red house while we were visiting the horse, "Horsey, see Kael's hand?  Come a get a treat!  It's a apple horsey!  It's yum yummy see?"  This after he takes a big old bite to prove his point.



We took a drive the other night and drove by Ryan's brother's lot.  Dax observed, "Oh man, Mike's house is all dirt.  That's cwazy!  Ya can't wive in dirt!"

In the car on the way to preschool as Dax was crying over his lack of juice, Big K asked, "What's your prob, Daxi?"

In the bedroom while the boys were chattering/trying to fall asleep, "Kael, did ya make a pway doh poop today?  Ewww Gross, Kael."  Commence barrels of laughter.


Meet Bill Gates, the mini version...

As I was folding laundry Kaelster came running downstairs from the playroom, "I'm goin to the rodeo, Mom.  I got my hat but I need my car keys.  I be right back.  Wove you, bye."

The ongoing debate in the car is one of life's deep questions... the lyrics to "Skip to My Lou".  Dax insists it goes, "Woo, Woo, Skip to my Woo... Skip to my Woo my Gardner."  And Kaelster is certain the words are, "Woo, Woo, Skip to my Woo... Skip to my Woo my Darmin."  This is a heated debate that we have yet to work out.  Go figure.

While watching a Little Einsteins movie, Kael shouted out, "There's Grampa Hooky!" The screen showed a shot of Mount Rushmore.  Oh, Grandpa, you presidential old gem, you!  And Aunt Kim, you are THE Mona Lisa.  Flattered or not?  Hey, you can't make this stuff up.



In the car, Kenny Chesney's song, Come Over came on.  Dax Man yelled, "Yay, Kael it's 'Come Oh'!  Wets sing 'Come Oh', Kael.  Mom, do you want Daxi and Kael to sing 'Come Oh'?" Uh, HECK YES I do.

In the play room, "Oh Acey you got a booger?  Oh, I know, Acey... I get you a tissue."  What a sweet and empathetic brother you are, Dax Man.

As I was doing dishes Kaelster asked, "Hey Mom what does a turkey say?"  After I answered he said, "What does another turkey say?  What does a bwu turkey say?  What does a yewow turkey say?"  And on and on through the rainbow...



In the drive through, "Mom, I don't want a corn dog - I want a whart hog!"  Where, pray tell, did you learn about whart hogs, Dax man?

Kaelster's giant, "uge" tower tipped over and he exclaimed, "OH MACARENA!"

In the car after we sipped on some "Bwu Ocean Water" from Sonic Big K burped and Dax said, "That was a good burp my friend!"



Our big boy likes to take an apple to preschool teacher, "Miss Cimi"

And just to keep it Real...

In between these little golden nuggets of humor, there is real life in the form of,
Things that sort of Blow...

Placing your order at the drive thru only to find out between placing said order and actual pick up that you forgot your wallet.  WHO does that?  I wanted to crawl under a rock and never come out.  SO embarrassing.



Ramming yourself in the gut/reproductive organs with a snow shovel for the first time of the season.  As if I really even needed to shovel our first skiff of the white stuff.  I was just playing along with my little buddies.  Dang cracks are gonna be the death of me and my ovaries.

Spending Friday night with a head lamp and a hoodie on as we screwed metal to our trampoline frame.  Are we dedicated to the safety of our kids or what?  Fetch, if I knew it would be that cold the weekend we chose to sink the tramp, I'd have thought twice before I bought the dang thing.



The hostile planet that is Utah.  This dry winter air is already giving me the "itchy woochies" and my first split fingertip.  Do you get those in the winter?  I'm shriveling up like a raisin here.  I think the only fix might be a trip to a tropical climate.  Right?

So... I just might trolley on off to Hotwire or somewhere to toy with the idea of a Hawaiian getaway.

Rambler, out.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

i read every word of this ramble and it was gold for a good laugh. enjoy your weekend away, cuz you'll be missing this lot by the time you get home and you'll be ready for some more priceless one liners.