Monday, October 1, 2012

Choke in a Bowl...


Since we have lately been spending some time dwelling in the doldrums of reality lets broach this topic shall we?  Oh Boy - Brace yourself....

Dax might never poop in the pot ever. See Dax Man inherited his Grampa's gag reflex. And when he caught a glimpse of the freshly made batch down there he puked.  On the plus side, he was already in the bathroom so the mess was minimal.

Kaelster heard this all play out and came running in to coach Daxi, "Daxi u doin ok?  Did ja choke?  Daxi say, 'Mommy I ave ta choke' and then choke in a bowl ok?"


It was priceless.
And such deep wisdom from such a little older brother, eh?

And it would have been all kicks and giggles except then Daxi really did "choke" a few times the next day thanks to a little bug we had the privilege of hosting for a few days.


Followed by Kaels marathon night of "choking in a bowl" every hour on the hour from midnight to five a.m. with Daddy's caring assistance.  


Who knew that RyGar had it in him?  Sainthood is just about to be granted.
And we might never risk car travel ever again without our trusty bowls.


And finally it was Ace's turn. 


And baby don't like a stomach bug one bit y'all. And neither does his mama. 
Holy laundry batman.


Wanna know the sickest part of all this germ infested par-Tay?  
I was so entirely grateful for the way it all played out. Like how fantastic that they actually took turns and didn't launch their guts out in unison.
Yeah. Twisted. I know.




Anywho, I hope we're all on the mend and that the Gods of parenthood have spared Rygar and me from this virus virus bo birus.   I miss my spunky little punks.  And I only have so many quiet, stay-at-home, museum days in me you know?  Kaelster asked me tonight for "a trip to Gramma's new swimmy house".  
It seems I'm not the only one with cabin fever.


GRRRR.
:)

4 comments:

The Belnaps said...

you too huh? Chloe puked every day for 5 days..my shoe is pink to prove it (aka bubble gum tylonal) ..awesome! and Sophs and Maggers got it too..gotta love it. Hope you are on the mend..

Chrystie said...

Blech. I hope you and Ryan don't catch it too. There is not much I hate worse than barf in the bed at 3 a.m. I am with you on the being glad for the timing of the barf of each kid. A couple years ago the barf bug was going through our house and we had a trip coming up, and I remember hoping so hard one night that Dax would start barfing so we could get it all over before we left. Moms are weird.

Mel said...

Wow! I've missed a lot of posts!
Love all the pics of Ace! Can't believe he's already one!
Boo on the pukes at your house! No fun! Glad everyone is feeling better!

The Venutis said...

I wish Italia had a gag reflex. She likes to finger paint with her poop...potty training here we come? I sure don't want to.