Sunday, October 7, 2012

Falling for It...


You might say we fell hard for fall this weekend.  


And who could blame us - eh?
I have been itching to see the colors live and in person and preferably on "my own turf" but since I haven't traveled south with the littles yet this month, we just HAD to settle for Sundance.  
Twist my arm... I know, I know.... woe is me.  :)


So, off we went to traverse the amazing Alpine Loop and down we came (you know, from 8000 plus feet to a mere 6100 feet at the base) where we miraculously somewhat skillfully boarded the lift with our little crew of Hike-a-Dave's and oohed and awed at the gorgeous phenomenon that is fall here in the Rockies.




There is something religious about soaking in the mountains with my family.  It may be that we are all literally closer to the Heavens, but in the high elevations I always feel the superfluous "stuff" of life just evaporate right off my shoulders and get whisked away with the winds.  And there I be - left with what matters the very most in life... the handsome hubs and the darling babes and my heart full of love.  And I feel blessed and clairvoyant and motivated to be better for Him and for them and for me.




And if that mountain air didn't clear my head and fill my heart enough - General Conference sure did.  It sounds so "grown up" of me to say that I look forward to this semi-annual event... but I do.  I am humbled by my still new role as a parent and I need all the wisdom I can get about teaching these little men of ours to be good, happy, stalwart and upstanding as they carve their own paths in life. 


I hope that when they get bowled over by life and it's seeming complexities, they'll step outside and remember this crisp fall day in the mountains.  And they'll know, that life is so simple it's silly.  And they'll breathe in deep and know what they know and love what they love and have a good talk with their Dad or their brother or their Mama or Him. 


Yep, so simple it's silly.
Now let's smile and drive head on to a new week, shall we?
Okey Dokey.
:)

4 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

Looks like fun! And I look forward to conference now too! I love it.

Mel said...

I am so jealous that you have a real fall with changing colors!
I love that everyone is in coats and beanies and Ryan is in shorts! Typical man! haha!

Chrystie said...

Holy cannoli, those pictures are BEAUTIFUL. You guys do fall right!

I have no insight on the bedroom situation. My kids are the same as yours on vacation. It is total madness when they have to sleep in the same room. Cora is the main problem, and since she has to sleep alone because I value my sanity all my kids sleep in separate rooms at my house. But I don't know, I am sure the novelty would wear off sooner or later and they would learn to sleep...right? Or else they will just be grouchy toddler zombies forEVER! Good luck!

The Belnaps said...

I know right? I mean the part about conference..i was even catching myself thinking that i wished the kids were someplace else so could totally focus and listen without a bajillion interuptions..and it looks like you had an amaze time..gorge pics