Sunday, September 23, 2012

We Like to Par-TEE...



I am warning you right now - I could literally post one hundred and fifty three pictures to showcase Ace's Birthday Par-TEE which was a celebration in honor of our very favorite one-year-old.  

  

But, since I am trying to exert a little more self control and I think eventually the "blog police" will tell me I've eaten up too much precious blog space, I better reign it in, eh?


The big littles literally sung Happy "Birf-Dy" all week long to our one and only Baby Ace.  I'm about ready to teach them an oldie but a goodie to replace the birthday tune around here and put it to rest until the next Birthday celebration which is far off in the distance.... but like, distant like next Friday distant based on the way my life is lapping time like Hussein Bolt.  Sheesh.



Anywho... our families came to celebrate the Anniversary of one of our favorite days... the day we all met Mister Ace a' Spades for the very first time a year ago.   
We are so blessed to have such amazing family members that without fail rally around us to cheer with us when we cheer and cry with us when we cry and love us even when we are little turds (the boys - not me and Ry, sillies... we're perfect).  And mostly to celebrate life's big moments, like someone special's very first Birthday party!  






They all "manned up" and put on their mustaches for the traditional, "Make a fool of yourself with the party favor" picture.  You gotta love a good 'stache on some of these folks.  I do declare my Dad was channeling Tom Selleck.  Ry's Dad was looking like John Wayne and Kayla was Colonel Mustard in the dining room with a wrench - for sure!









It was such a great day.  Great Indian Summer weather on a fall afternoon with one little sprinkle sesh.  Good food which of course was all "themed out" to the point of absurdity.  Great company.  Hella Cute Birthday Boy.  I mean, just look at the proof in these pictures!  Thrilled mama.  Proud Papa.  Helpers dressed as brothers who "tested out" all his new gifts and gave them the official stamp of approval. You know... everything a birthday party should be.



I really, really tried to soak it all up.  To watch little Acey's cheeks pull up with each smile.  To see him jibber to his Grandpa and toddle over to his Grandma and snuggle with his Aunts and play with his cousins.  I watched him study the frosting on his fingers.  I saw him chase down the randomly placed golf balls that were scattered all about the house.  I just enjoyed it.  






Well, until Dax Man puked out on the back porch from too much of a good thing...  for future reference food and trampoline in large doses - do not mix well.






Anyway, prior to that little moment, I kept thinking - this is one of my very favorite days.  Just like that amazing day one year ago, when I smiled through my tears as I let my eyes feat on our new baby love.



Ace Man - We love you FORE sure.  You are a total HIT.  We'll CADDY for you any day because PLAYING with you is a total BALL.  And all that other good "golf stuff" that applies.


XOXO to our ONE-YEAR-OLD Little Pro!

3 comments:

The Belnaps said...

looks like it was a tee-rific day..sorry..just couldn't help myself..and look at you..you little party planner..you might as well be all over pinterest with those cute cupcakes and drinks..i think you should plan Chloes big day..

Lisa said...

all the pictures are adorb! (do you like that abbreviation? i thought you'd be proud)
but i just want to say that the Tshirt you are sporting is stellar! wink wink

Loveyoutons.mom said...

Thanks for the fun celebration! It really was fun! You are a genius when it comes to parties! But as involved with this last year as I was able to be...how did it go so fast.......