Sunday, September 16, 2012

Peach Pits...


We are standing on the welcome mat of fall.  And, oh, do I have mixed feelings.  Summer of 2012, you've been so good to us.  And fall, I hate to short change you, because you are pretty rad in your own way, but, you are aware that you are the season that leads ominously to winter, right?
It's like you have an automatic strike against you... it ain't fair is it?



But, if we're going to look at the pages being ripped from the calendar at mach speed leading us to the Autumnal season, let's do this through our rosy colored specs, Ok?
I mean, let's do it with gusto, y'all...



I suppose I could smile if you told me to pull out my boots tomorrow.


I suppose I could deal with peaches and pears and freshly picked apples for a change.


I suppose we could jump into piles of leaves instead of pools of water.


I suppose we'll go visit our favorite spots to see family and friends and we might just pose atop a mountain aflame with leaves the color of fall.


I suppose we could celebrate little man's first birthday and then shop for Halloween costumes.



I suppose we could make some sugary popcorn and eat it at a football game.


I suppose we could sport our windbreakers and beanies to the park and slide without testing to see if it's "too hot on our bums".


I suppose we could dawn a sweater and walk to the pond to the feed the ducks and watch the sun set.


I suppose we could bake a few cinnamon things inside and make some hot soups to warm up chubby chilled hands.


I suppose we could visit the pumpkin patch and lose ourself in a corn maze or two.


I'm sure we'll go a-hunting with Daddy-o and listen to the elk whistle and "see the big deer".


I might just switch out my "Hawaiian Breeze" house scents for "Pumpkin Spice" or "Cinnamon Stick" or maybe even mud pie?


I mean, seriously... we'll probably "fall" right into a fall rhythm pretty smoothly.


We're kind of awesome like that.


Bring it on, baby.  
We're soooo ready for a good snuggle.


Nighty Night...
:)

4 comments:

Chrystie said...

This post makes me excited for fall. I am going to try and enjoy fall for itself this year, instead of treating it as the messenger that winter is coming. It is not fall's fault that something crappy is coming right behind it, right? And we have already had some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and those are good enough to make fall awesome all by themselves. Bring on the fall!

Amy B. said...

I just noticed your tree on the right...where is it? and when did you guys carve it...and I love love love fall...can't wait to make some scrumptious soups!

The Venutis said...

Oh I love fall! However, I am so dreading my first winter in 11 years. YIKES!

Mel said...

Fall is the one season I sure wish we had!!
Is that apple tree in your backyard? So jealous! And to top it off with your own personal naked buns to wash them! Love it!