Friday, September 7, 2012

The Secret...

I sweat.

From like the time I wake until I finally fall asleep.

Should I say "glisten" or "glow" or "shimmer"?  Because, turns out talking about sweatiness isn't really a flattering shtick...

All day long I am literally RUNNING, "bending and snapping", cleaning, dressing, changing, playing, wrestling, feeding, time-outing, shoeing, and Blah dee blah bliggety blah ALL.DAY.LONG.

And on one hand, it feels SO good to hit the pillow at night and know that I put in my everything for the day.  Every ounce of umph I have - goes into the day with my littles and my big.  It's rewarding to say the least.

And on the other hand, I hate to feel hot and disheveled and reactionary.  Mama likes a little control.  Or at least some semblance of control.  Every now and again?

I swear I've come a long way.  My floor can be littered with play cars and the decibel level can be nearing the danger zone and I can peacefully fold clothes and poor milk like Donna Reed.  THAT is something that would never before have been possible for this self-admitted OCD gal.  So again, I ask, is a tiny bit of auto pilot too much to ask?

Alas, it is.  I will not be gaining control any time soon.  I have a little secret...

I present to you, the NEWEST little upright walker on the planet, Ace!  
Is that the most adorable little bear cub you've ever seen walk on two feet?



 

I know, I know!  He also rides a bike.  Because he's cool like that.  And, if you're going to make me say it, I will.  Child Savant.

And that right there?  


That's his proud face.  Cracks me up every time.
And this right here?  


This is little man rehydrating like a big-wig.  Hey... walking is tough work.  

So... There, I said it.  The secret is out.  And I'm going to continue to "perspire" with the best of 'em.  But probably from kissing those cheeks.  :)

Congrats handsome little mobile man!
Now, please, pretty please, don't leave me in your dust!

4 comments:

Chrystie said...

Good luck, Amber! Now you have to learn to run in three directions at once! That is one cute little man.

The Belnaps said...

here is my secret..i totally don't sweat...i can work my butt off and have no pit marks to show for it..jealous? i thought so:)but enough about me..that little acers is adorbs..fosho!

Amy B. said...

I'm sweating just reading this little diddy...whew...thanks for the workout! and I totally hate you Ash...jeesh...I've even secretly coveted you for that 'talent' of yours...#wishicouldaffordbotoxformypits

The Sutherland Family said...

Can't believe he is walking! Good job Acer