Thursday, September 20, 2012

No He Didn't....


I swear, today came faster than any other day on the calendar, ever.  



Today is Ace's First Birthday... 
He is ONE...
Wha-WhAT?



I know, I know, I KNOW!  
Insert sniffle, tear, sniffle, smile.  



I remember exactly a year ago, meeting this little man and inspecting each tiny finger and toe and caressing his tiny head with his cornsilk hair and introducing him to his tiny big brothers.  I remember proclaiming that he was perfect.  The absolutely, perfectly perfect way to complete our trio of little men.  



He has been the best babe.  So chill and easy going and willing to be smothered with kisses and "brother hugs" also known as strangulation attempts.  He is a complete jabber walkie and he is the fastest babe of ours to pick up on walking, climbing flights of stairs, riding push toys and all manner of crazy stunts that infants should not be able to do simply because he considers himself one of the boys.



On Sunday we'll hold the official celebration with more of Ace's fan club in the form of our adoring family members.  It's going to be a huge "First Birdee Par Tee" for our thoughtful little pro.  



Ace a' Spades - or "Acey" as your brothers call you... We love you more than you will ever know.  And, yes, I promise to (somewhat) gracefully turn the page on your first year and embrace the exciting things to come for you as you become a full-fledged toddler.  But only after I shmoosh your cheeks with birthday kisses and rock you to sleep until you're a warm, evenly breathing little lump.  Then I get to wrap your perfectly perfect little hand around my finger like you did those very first days of your life and smooth your soft baby hair, because I'm your mama... and therefore, I'm the keeper of those little cheeks and hands and heads of hair...  And I need me a Mason jar full of my Baby Ace.  


  Happy Happy Birthday, Baby Boy!

6 comments:

Mel said...

WOW! Did that come fast or what?!
Happy Birthday Ace! You are going to be a ladies man for sho'

The Sutherland Family said...

Can't believe it! Lovin the preppy golf look..so cute!

Chrystie said...

Oh no he di-int! Can't BELIEVE how fast that year flew by. What a cute boy and what a lucky momma. (Watch out though...those laid back, smiley babies can turn on you once they learn how to run! My Dax turned from a sweet, mellow boy into a cave man at right about 15 months. Watch your back, Jack!)

The Belnaps said...

a birthday "par tee" man you are a mom for sho! so creative..i am impressed..and i can't stand that our babies grew so fast..holy moses! hope you have a doozey of a party!

Luana said...

He is such a cute little guy!

Liz said...

Happy birthday!!!he looks so cute! His birthday party looked fun !!!!