Monday, September 10, 2012

The Museum of Natural Art...


Let's just say that if we had an exhibit in an art museum it would be entitled, 
"Finger Painting Revisited".



Let's just say that once I went to the Louvre with RyGar and we opted out of seeing the modern art display.  Mostly because I recall mentioning something like, "I'm here to see the classics; I don't want to see 'Modern Art' that some kid could create on a sunny afternoon."  Let's face it - I am art illiterate to a certain degree and I apologize to those art enthusiasts who actually know what they're talking about.  

Let's just say that even when RyGar dutifully followed the map and found "The Classics" for me, I was  sort of lame.  Because, once I discovered that the Mona Lisa was, like, an 8x10, I kind of had the wind taken out of my sails.  Then I all but gave up when the Vitruvian Man was on loan at another museum. And we made our way out to the grounds and had baguettes and cheese.  Much more up my alley.

Let's just say that I sound like a spoiled little art amateur thus far in this woeful story.  I get it.  I will own up to that.  I have broad shoulders.

Now, let us fast forward to present day, when I have decided that if I ever make it back to the Louvre, I will make every effort to take a stroll through the Modern Art exhibit.  Know why?  Because, I stand by my earlier opinion that kids could create some of that stuff....  and I love the stuff that my kiddos create.

Dax Man, he is at one with the paint.  He applies it like lotion all over his body and smiles at the sensation.  Then he admires his handiwork on his extremities and repeatedly shows me his arms and legs.







Kaelster is a paint hog.  His works of art would be those where the canvas is plastered thick with excess layers of color and texture.  He loves the process of squeezing, applying and repeating.  






Ace, well, Ace is still determining his artistic preferences.  Like his mama, he doesn't yet have a respect for the modern art.  The best I can tell, he has a predilection for Natural Art or maybe just nature?  






Either way, at the rate we're going with the finger painting masterpieces, I'll soon have a Louvre of my own.  Come visit, anytime.  I'll serve up some baguettes and cheese.  :)

2 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

That one of Kael's with his tongue hangin out cracks me up

Mel said...

You are the best mom ever!
You have little masterpieces yourself you don't need an art show!