Monday, March 5, 2012

They Say It's Your Birthday...


I celebrated another year of life this past weekend. And me and my gang totally did it in style. We went bowling.




It was the first time for the little men and they were mesmerized. Bright lights, big city, loud music. It was awesome. And Dax Man, our little ball addict, had to be dragged out kicking. Kaelster could be coaxed peacefully with cheetos.




I wanted to steal their tiny bowling shoes and I almost did. I even thought out my contingency plan. If they tracked me down and actually called to collect I would say something like, "Oh, I know, I have them sitting here to return to ya'll. Somehow we walked out with them in our mess of babies... blah blah." But if they never called? Silence. But, it's a new year and I have to act a tiny bit more mature I'm thinking. So I begrudgingly returned them to the antiseptic spray area.



And on Sunday after a holy mess of a church outing (holy because we were at worship and mess because perhaps the little monsters were sugared up on over frosted birthday cake?) RyGar and I came home and let the big littles "play dirt" or in this case, mud, until they were tuckered out. Then we bathed them, whisked them off to bed and devoured my gourmet birthday meal... BBQed T-Bone steaks, for just the two of us. Ry has been blessed with an amazing gift of grilling, my friends. It was a holy meal, (not because it was served on the seventh day but because you want to say "holy s#@%" when you taste it). What? I'm just being honest.




Kaelster gave me one of my favorite gifts ever. No More Diapers. Yep, big man has got it down. We are SO proud of him! Dax Man's red car potty has been temporarily retired, but we'll try again in a few months when he's at least two. He's ever so close.



And so it goes. I'm stoked to see what this year brings our way. I'm pumped to have been spoiled all weekend by family and friends. I'm rarin' to give this year all I got with my PIC, RyGar, and all our handsome little monsters.


I am one VERY lucky Birthday girl!

4 comments:

Chrystie said...

Happy Birthday blog buddy!

Amy B. said...

Happy Birthday beautiful...

The Sutherland Family said...

Glad you had a Happy Birthday sista!

Mel said...

Happy Birthday Girly!
Congrats on Kael in underroos!