Monday, March 12, 2012

Springy Thingies...

I could and very well should write a long diatribe about how I loathe Daylight Savings.

But, as luck would have it, the dreaded time change was outdone by the lovely spring weather we had this weekend.

It was perfection.
Like, open windows, fluttering spring breeze curtains, naps on the couch perfection.
Plus, I threw in some new Gardenia scented plug-ins that took my fresh spring air "buzz" right over the top.

The downer was, of course, the time change coupled with 1 pm church to celebrate the blessing of our little niece. That is THREE little boy babes that missed their regularly scheduled naps on a time change Sunday. For the record, that equates to a mess. Tear stained cheeks and little fists rubbing tired eyes. It was not our favorite evening.


Alas, we survived. And today, Mother Nature continues to brag. The big little boys have been "playing dirt" while Ace and I peruse around the yard looking at tiny tulips making their way through the spring soil.


Spring rocks.
Correction, Spring rocks my socks off.
Literally.
My feet stink from wearing flats all day sans socks. Oops.

And now for some of my favorite little expressions of all time brought to you courtesy of my little chatter-boxes....


"I Yuv This Song!" Proclaimed loudly as ANY new song starts on the radio or the TV.
"Fi-Oh Twuck.... Woo Woo Woo" We yell this when we see any emergency vehicle.
"Tank You Mom" We're very aware of manners all of the sudden.
"You OK?" This is one of my favs... I love hearing them ask one another if all is well.
"Beanies" This is the name of green beans, kidney beans, peas and raisins. We love 'em all.
"Cwazy!" They love to call Daddy crazy after he tickle tortures them.
"I Shay-Ow Candies" Kaelster has ALWAYS been a good one to share candies with Dax Man.
"I a Good Boy?" They ask me this twenty times a day. They LOVE to be praised and I dig dishing it out.
"Yum dwink and caw-cown?" Making a smoothie and popcorn rivals a trip to Disneyland here.
"Sun shinin' out seed.". That equates to let us out there already.


And so... We're off. "Out-seed" Because the sun is shinin'.

4 comments:

J,B and K said...

Love your updates and such handsome boys~ You are an amazing momma!

Mel said...

I so enjoy NOT having to deal with the nuisance of Daylight Savings! Who's dumb idea was that anyways??
Love all the sayings! Such cute little men you have!

The Belnaps said...

I feel your daylight savings pain..pure torture that thing..and love the jibber jabber age that Kael is at..totally the best!

Chrystie said...

Love it! It is amazing how big of a deal the daylight savings switch is with little kids. We are still trying to recover. I can't believe how big those littles are getting.