Thursday, March 29, 2012

Current Obsessions..



I adore healthy babies.  
And amoxicillin.

I adore the fact that Dax thinks a kiss really makes things all better.  
(When it is actually amoxicillin).


I adore paper towels.  And the fact that you can buy them in bulk.

I adore the changing seasons.  
The spring weather actually makes me want to get out and reacquaint myself with the pavement.  
The alarm clock is another story.


I adore going out with my babies one at a time.  They are so very aware that they have the spotlight and they say and do the funniest things that really showcase their personalities.


I adore chicks and bunnies.  (Possibly more so than my kiddos) 
I can't wait to go see them at the "cowboy store" under the guise of doing it for the boys.

I adore our once a week babysitter, Ashlie.  
Ever met someone who is freakishly good at something?  
Me too... it's Ashlie... and she is freakishly good with kids.


I adore polka dots and stripes at the moment.  
Not together and preferably in nautical colors.  
Looks so crisp and fresh and clean.


I adore watching my little artists practice their new medium...  Spray bottles on sidewalk.  They are enamoured and I love it when they are busily enamoured.


I adore talking to other people that have "spirited" little boys.  If you have a man child or two you can guarantee that you have thought, "This can't be normal," whilst said man child was banging his head on the glass door or something equally strange.  
And come to find out... it kind of is (strange and normal).

I adore this one guy who has one prominent dimple and works his heiny off to make a sweet life for his girlfriend and his rug rats.  
We are lucky and he is stellar.  
(And I'm mushy... but whatev...)


I adore my car... Despite the outrageous gas prices. 
Do you know how lovely it is that no one can reach any one else to inflict annoyance?  
Inexplicably lovely, I tell you.

I adore my little big man Kaelster and the way he urgently yells for all to hear when he needs a "toiwet". That boy is trained.


I adore my tulips that are close to bearing color.  Is there anything better than tulips after those long winter months?  
Maybe Cadbury eggs... but we are choosing to focus on the tulips here.

I adore watching Ace roll the entire length of a room to get to the action.  If we leave him in the living room and travel the yardage to the kitchen you can bet he'll locomotive himself there in a flash.


I adore that feeling when you fold the last of six or so batches of laundry.  
I wish it wasn't such a fleeting little victory, but I love it nonetheless.

I adore hearing my kids regurgitate what I so frequently say to them.  Things like, "Oh my Goodness!" or "Honey!" or "Good Job" or "No, No, No!" or "Oh Man!"  
It cracks me up the way they have the inflections spot on.


I adore birthday surprises and I'm happy that we have one in mind that will make my soon to be SIXTY year young papa smile!

I totally adore anyone who made it through this crazy long list of current obsessions.  You know, you don't have to feel obligated to read blogs with so much text.  
That is probably on a list of "what not to do online" somewhere, but guess who adores breaking the rules from time to time?  :)


4 comments:

Amy B. said...

I adore your blog posts...dearly!

Mel said...

If writing only came so naturally to me as it does to you! Love reading your blog and LOVE seeing your cute little men!

Chrystie said...

I also adore paper towels. And I adore all of your pictures, you do such a good job.

The Sutherland Family said...

Your blog is looking good...I knew you could do it! =)