Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Some Morsels...


So I am just gonna say it...
Today sucked.
And should you feel inclined to visit this little war zone, you'll want to pack a HAZMAT suit.

RyGar had a man cold this weekend... I insert the word "man" because that implies that he was on death's doorstep and could barely function. Love you babe. :) Daximus is on the mend but has been a snotty mess and Ace has the great unfortune of being congested AND needing a binkie all at once, and now, today, Kaelster had multiple visits from the puke police.


And so it goes.
Boo.

I even called in the back ups... Grandma Jan had Daximus this afternoon and while he was lovin' it, and she was dutifully going through the Kleenex boxes, I was feeling like the mama Polar Bear that bid farewell to one of her triplet bear cubs because I didn't slay enough seals and there just wasn't enough to go around. (OK, Yes, I watched Frozen Planet last night on Animal Channel and I feel like one of Nature's failures at the moment).
Double Boo.


The irony is that yesterday went so swimmingly well. My kids loved on the Easter bunny at the mall and shared treats with perfect strangers while we got an oil change and smiled on command for photographers as we captured more milestones and we ended the day in a fit of giggles on the living room floor with daddy-o. I even said to my own Mommy on the phone last eve, "I think I'll just be a professional baby maker now.... I mean, mine are all so good and adorable and smart and now it seems we figured out the missing ingredient in our baby-makin' recipe thanks to Mini Medicine Man, Kael" and then, BAM, life done opened a can of whoop ass on me and served it up this fine Wednesday in generous portions.

I was reading one of my favorite blogs and this woman wrote a post just for me today...
"Regardless of how good or bad life presently is, tear reality apart into vibrant morsels and reassemble them into a meaningful pattern. I believe good begets good, but I also know that it is inevitable that life will come with challenges, sad days, rain storms and heartache and we'll need to make a beautiful pattern with those morsels too."

So, I know - big picture - it is the flu. Or something like the flu. And my Kaelster will be up riding Coop and playin' dirt and coloring on the sidewalk in a day or two...

And Ace a' Spades and Dax Man will be snot free and breathing clearly in mere days just like their papa bear...



But for now my vibrant morsels of life are not creating the most breathtaking vista and I'm having a helluva time assembling something meaningful out of these nasty little puzzle pieces.

Ah well. Perhaps the spring rain clouds that are virtually hanging over our house despite the gorgeous sun will bring us a rainbow?

Mama Bear's prayin'. :)

4 comments:

Chrystie said...

I am so sorry Amber! Those days are theeee worst. All I can say is hang in there and use up a bottle or two of hand sanitizer so you don't get dragged down with the rest of the fam. Good luck!!

Karen Kunzler said...

That is NOT fun!!!!! But the silver lining is that you are well. Steve started with the flu then Isaac got it and then I got it and then the girls started to get it. It has taken Steve and I 2 weeks I tell ya to get better. Momma's can NEVER be sick doesn't the universe know that. Here is to 3 days of better kids for you and you not getting sick!!!!

The Belnaps said...

so sorry and the worst is probably the hubby being sick..we all know how well that goes..healthy prayers being sent your way

Andrea said...

I honestly think that when toddlers and babies are sick it is so, so hard. That is one thing that gets better as they get older. I feel your pain!