Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mamahood...


Papa Bear has been working late this week. He warned me. I knew it was coming. So it's all me... Playin' mama 24/7, missing my evening dishes partner and my late night chats and thinking a lot about how to do it all a little bit better in the therapuetic suds of the tub. And I think that this trip I'm on... the one that is my most exciting voyage ever... the one I call mamahood - This is one of the phases of life that I shall treasure the most... but not for obvious reasons... for reasons that are hard to put into words.
I shall give it a meager try...


Mamahood...

Makes me feel fierce and small.

Makes me laugh with tears and cry out of worry.

Makes me strain to make the ordinary extraordinary.

Makes me speak more clearly and leaves me feeling confused.

Makes me see beautiful in the most basic.

Makes me hurry up and pause.

Makes me feel alive and dead tired.

Makes me stronger and leaves me feeling weak.

Makes me feel unkempt yet adorably accessorized.

Makes me wise and leaves me dumbfounded.

Makes me savor small moments and plan for big events.

Makes me elated and overwhelmed.

Makes me play like a child and work like a dog.

Makes me on point and totally befuddled.

Makes the days feel long and the years fly by.

Makes me happy.

Crazy, stupid, lovely, giggly, over-the-moon happy.

3 comments:

The Belnaps said...

Amen sista!

jasmin said...

Beautiful...and I feel the same way

Andrea said...

You are such a sweet mom! I'm so glad you are enjoying the journey... and boy, it is a journey.