Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Life & Love...


Are you groaning at the title of this post? Groan away... cause mama's gonna go and get all existential on ya... over a Taylor Swift song no less. :)

I was on hands and knees yesterday during nap time listening to Taylor (or Tay-Tay as I call her since we're so close) on Pandora and her song, "Ours" came on. And you know when you have a quiet moment and you're listening, like, REALLY listening, to the lyrics of a song, sometimes something whacks you. Like this...

So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love work hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours.

The last couple of days I spent a little time bemoaning my state of constant activity and physical labor... I was throwing a little pity party feeling like all I get to do lately is clean non-stop and teach and bathe and feed and repeat. I asked Ryan when our next vacation was. I mean, could I get any lamer? Waa - Waa, poor me, I spend my days and nights caring for the three cutest little men on the planet... oops, make that four. :)

Then Tay Tay came through for me... life does make love work hard. But the stakes are freakin' high and I better buckle down and make it work cause this is it. This is my lifetime calling and the culmination of everything important. So don't you worry your pretty little minds, I'm pitying my state no longer, these loves are ours.

P.S. A less sappy and more sarcastic post will be coming shortly.

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Well said. Dang it all, it's hard! I remember when Brynn was old enough to start kindergarten (and I commented to Con) I finally felt like a "real Mom." A real Mom with a "real family" cause I finally had more to do than just wipe booties all day!! :)

Laurel said...

p.s. although I must say....due to the darling photo in your previous post, you have cute booties to take care of!

Chrystie said...

Amber - You are more than entitled to throw yourself a little pity party once in a while! It is dang HARD to do what you are doing. DANG HARD. And stinky, and exhausing, and also occasionally pure bliss. But let's face it...you don't get much recognition or praise from anyone for how many times you wipe the same wall down or if the mac and cheese you serve up is amazing. But I am here to give you some! You are doing an AMAZING job and you deserve a huge hug and a pat on the back and yes, a VACATION! How in the heck do you even find time to blog? You totally rock. And all four of your boys are beyond lucky to have you watching over them.

Jen McGill said...

I love how you always find the bright side of things, Amber! Wonderful post!

Mel said...

We're all allowed to have a pity party on ourselves every once in awhile! Us mama's need a break!

The Belnaps said...

you gotta throw those sappy moments into life every now and again...definitely time for a vacay tho...next year???