Monday, January 16, 2012

Hip Hip Hooray...


This is gonna get a little random, so buckle in...

First, please plug your ears and shut your eyes if you have perfect church-mice chillun's. I am about to rock your perfect reality because these little bums rocked mine yesterday....


Ready?

We sat through an entire service with NO exits, no diaper changes, no spills, no biting/kicking/hitting... nothin'. Our first one ever and it was sorta glorious. And I was sorta... wait... totally proud.

Do you know what an accomplishment that is to a mama of three under three? HUGE.

Needless to say I had a bag full o'tricks that didn't stop. RyGar asked me if I was going to church as a woman or a pack mule. Funny. Perhaps I'll let him pack next time. :)


And in other news... my big boys are serious tender lovin' caretakers.

Dax, our little Romeo, will smother his babe with kisses and loves to the point that we have to drag his little bod away so Ace a' Spades can get a breath. We thought the swing might keep little man safe and sound from his little kissin' companion, but that did little to slow the love-fest down. And Kaelster runs... I mean, high tails it like it ain't nobody's business, to get the "Baby's Boddle" or the "Baby's Bink" for his little buddy when he even lets out a whimper. We have resorted to establishing a "bottle drawer" in the kitchen full of empty, unused bottles so Kaelster has a place to run to in order to retrieve comfort for his baby brother.


Those little glimpses are the ones that make you think you might be doing something right. Believe me they are just randomly sprinkled in with those moments when you're positive your screwing a bunch of it all up too.

And finally, have I mentioned our obsession with cars? Yes?
Obsession is the still the accurate word to describe it.


Here is proof that cars are people too and they need to be fed healthy things like peas to keep their little motors runnin'. Daxi told me his "Caw was Hun-dree".


And that leads me to a random close to this celebratory post...
I can't wait for the Bachelor tonight. Yup.
Ben, our Bachelor, is reminiscent of a shaggy dog and is not eye candy in the least, but....
Those dramatic, liquored up gals are putting on the best of shows for all of us viewers out here in the land of winter television doldrums.

The End...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

woman or a pack mule? lol lol lol... that's hysterical, so the truth! Good job on a whole meeting, that is an all time record! Still never happened to me unless my kids were so exhausted they just fell asleep, that's the only way they stay still. I'm still trying to figure out who my girls have a whole bin of cars and I have NEVER bought them any... seriously, I bet we have like 25 cars, and no clue whose they are... I gave away a whole bag of them last Christmas and so this is 25 more... want them? lol... Always good to hear your stories :)

Mel said...

It's official- you really are super woman! Go ahead show us your cape!
My flippin' 9 yr can't sit still through sacrament and he eggs everyone else on so we turn into a flippin' circus! Don't.sit.by.us.ever. unless you want a good laugh of me trying to beat him quietly! I've got some killer grabs and pinches! ha!
You know that sparkly purple car is really yours! ;)