Monday, November 21, 2011

The Latest...


This past week during "nap time" I had two little munchkins who decided the whole napping thing was totally optional.



Dax Man reached through the railings of his crib as far as he possibly could to retrieve dirty laundry out of his hamper. He was in the company of two jackets, a few socks and some jeans from lunch that had ravioli and alfredo sauce on them. Therefore, Dax was snacking on alfredo, and his crib sheet paid the buttery price. Not that I can complain... he is also cutting four new teeth including his top two eye teeth and eating hasn't been too high on his to do list. He prefers to guzzle which is pain free to little red gums.


Kaelster found an under-the-bed Rubbermaid bin stocked with new clothes. (I always hit the online sales and buy the next size up and store them under their beds). In this bin of treasures was two new pair of shoes complete with the little silicon gel beads that are clearly labeled, DO NOT EAT. Well, big K must have thought they resembled Nerds, which he learned about during Halloween and he made a little bed in the now empty Rubbermaid bin and was snacking on Silicon. Perfect.


I didn't really freak when I found Daximus... but I totally freaked when I found Kael. I raced to the phone to dial Poison Control and learned two things...
1. If you work at Poison Control you must have the most soothing voice and calm aura of all human kind. Bless you, John.
And...
2. Silicon Gel beads are virtually harmless unless ingested by the hundreds. In fact the little packets are labeled so aggressively because they are a choking hazard.
Whew.


And so, the Shenanigans continue... but on the plus side. Ace is on the precipice of sleeping through the night... he made it for SEVEN hours last night and he is also just about to bust a gut and giggle aloud any day now. A baby belly laugh can cure anyone of anything, you know?



And... drumroll please...
I made it to H&M but only really perused the baby boy section... classic.

And I bit the bullet and went to Twilight last night.
Before you snicker, just know that I know how lame the movies are, but if you've read the books and you're of the female gender, it's kind of required to see it, right?
Be warned that you shouldn't eat a big meal before you go. It is fairly bloody and gory but there are a few great naughty parts before it gets gruesome.

And this being Thanksgiving week, I have to say THANKS to my RyGar who watched the little men while I got my girl on with my swista at a chick flick.
Yay for him and Yay for me.

2 comments:

The Belnaps said...

I totally called poison control after I thought maggie ate some unsisom or something like that to help me sleep whilst I was preggers..she had opened the bottle..i was missing 3..and I agree they do have calm voices..he told me I should go straight to the er..luckily I found those missing pills in the laundry pile and called him back to let him know we were a-ok

And I agree with the twilight..books are always better but I'm sure I'll break down and go see it..but first I need to see the last one..

The Sutherland Family said...

We need to get our girl on more cause i know you need as many breaks as possible, and I will need more shortly!