Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Grattituie Goes Fruitie...


Random title... I know, but Thanksgiving Day plans are all a jumble and so my brain feels a bit that way too.

Monday A.M. - Packed all three baby boys and myself (no easy task). Feeling stoked to spend Turkey day at the "cabin" with my fam. Had a great Thanksgiving prank planned with my brother and his family and my little crew. Cleaning the house - gettin' ready to fly the coop.

Monday P.M. - Got a call from my Mama who was so sad. Mama had a rash and the Doctor said it is shingles. Babies and preggo mamas should stay away. Thus our baby Ace and my swista and her baby in belly need to change plans. Grandma Gail is devastated. Grandpa Hooky is worried he might "catch it". My brother is making jokes about shingle-berry pie.

Tuesday A.M. - Grandma Jan is ecstatic and so are we. Ain't it nice to have family that will pick up where things go all funnky? I will miss my Mom's pie and stuffing, but Janice is no slacker in the kitchen and we are lucky to have family willing to add three little babes to their reservation with a smile. AND Ry's sister came to our door and said "Surprise" just thought I'd stop in to help. Load lightened. Love it.



And other things to laugh about...


RyGar, seeing my confusion at our sudden change of direction over the holiday weekend asked for a hug. I gave him a lackluster version instead of my usual Pollyanna, lovin' life version. RyGar said, "Oh Amber, Hug me with Your Heart." I laughed so hard I blew a little snot out my nose inadvertently... Not flattering, but true.
I love that boy.




Kaelster was served up some pomegranates from Great Grandma Clement's yard and he proclaimed the little kernels of goodness to be "Yed Cown"... translation, "Red Corn".
Genius I tell you. His other thing is to say, "Oh Gosh, Daxi" whenever something is thrown, misplaced, spilled, etc. It is hilarious because "Daxi" is the culprit even if Kael has JUST done the deed miliseconds prior.



Dax Man has decided that Kael's name is not Daxi. This is a big step in the right direction. He now smiles, points and loudly proclaims, "TAIL" every time he sees Kaelster. They have a little bromance going on right now in a big way and "Tail" giggles profusely at everything Dax does... which explains the bromance and Daxi's affinity for trouble as of late. Dax also says "ACE" but only through gritted teeth. He literally does not open his mouth when he says it and I feel as if that is his little way of grinning and bearing the fact that there is a new babe in town.

Ace is sweet. Sugary Sweet.




We had a great big bubble bath together tonight and he just smiled and sung and stretched and snuggled and I was in Heaven. He is Two Months old and I can't believe it. Healthy as a horse and tipping the scales at nearly twelve pounds and stretching twenty five inches long puts him in the fiftieth percentile for weight and ninety-fifth for height.
He is nearly at the most coveted baby age where they sleep through the night, figure out the entire gastrointestinal system and are immobile... and I am a lucky girl.

The summary of this random little post is... when your plans go haywire... They're really just gettin' refined in another way. And though I am a country bunkin' kinda gal and I would prefer the semi-annual pheasant hunt over Black Friday crowds... I'm excited to do it up right.
Feeling grateful... 'tis the season.
Happy Turkey Day :)

2 comments:

Jen McGill said...

Sounds like you have an abundance of blessings, Amber! Happy Thanksgiving!

Mel said...

Thank goodness for back up plans!
Love the boys all painted up! So delicious!