Thursday, November 17, 2011

Gator Baby...

Sometimes I come across a brilliant find and I just simply must share what is probably common knowledge to most folks but to me (the slow learner here) is a genius spark of treasured info. So, may I introduce you to the concept of Styrene and Gator Foam.

Lost?

I was too, but here it is on display in my bedroom....
(Thank you to three adorable little models for illustrating this point)


And you thought I had spent a gazillion dollars on canvas portraits of my little lambs, didn't you? Heck no, they're worth it for sure, but they change ever so quickly and I intend to keep up with them on my bedroom gallery wall.


SO... here's the lowdown. Call around your area to find out what photo labs print on styrene or gator foam. It is pennies on the dollar compared to printing on canvas and it looks amazin. Sure, it isn't as thick as a canvas portrait, but you get some dimension and your wallet stays thicker. If you live around here Snelson's Photo Lab does a great job and will ship any order that exceeds $25 bucks for free via UPS so you get it fast.
And they didn't even pay me to say that.

I assume my generous tip giving has been spurred by the onset of the holidays. Or maybe these cute brothers who are demonstrating love and kindness in droves to me lately.




Happy Printing... Happy Weekend.
:)

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Thanks for the info! It looks amazing. Cute models too.

Lisa said...

Super cute!!! good job, excellent idea...

The Belnaps said...

now all i need are some photos..gotta get with it. So cute

Brent said...

That is a brilliant idea! And oh so cute!!

Brent said...

Oops, that last comment was from Jodie, not Brent...guess I am logged into his account. :)