Monday, January 22, 2018

Let's Play Hooky...

Hi There - Hey There!
It's been a minute.
I blame the mild winter.
It's causing me to wild things like paint the garage and load top soil in the yard...
In January!
BUT, finally - we have snow!
An early out day was in order so we could claim our favorite sledding hill all to ourselves.
I should know by now that these impromptu parental adventures -- these little moments of playing hooky from regularly scheduled responsibilities are just the ticket for a January afternoon... 
 
Boone's 2018 version of "Iditarod or Die" game face.
Wanna know how my boys do sledding?
Full throttle.
There is no walking around the mountainside to take in other sites.
There is no tiring of the current hill (with a jump at the end) or looking for a new hill.
There is just zipping down and climbing back up again x 81 or so.
Along with, "WHOA - NAILED IT!"
And appreciative whoops and hollers for those who catch air or biff it hard. 
I love it.
And guess who else loves it?
Booner Bear cracked up every time he watched someone zip down the hill in front of him and end in a heap of human down below.
I could not believe how long he stood on the sidelines and watched - completely entertained.
And speaking of "Heap of Humans" - can you believe I was co-creator of this one?
Floors me every time.
So grateful for little adventures like these.  
And praying I can always remember the effort and catch up is worth it.  
As is attempting the self-timer and failing.  :)
Just do it. 
And eat icicles.
You only live once.

No comments: