Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Let us Rewind...

Our family started a tradition of hosting a family Christmas Party and it is one of our faves.
Largely because there are cousins involved.
But also because of the White Elephant gift exchange.
In very little time the gifts have escalated to beyond outrageous.
This year, my brother outdid himself.  First - he wrapped his in GIANT boxes that called out to my crowd of fellas.  And inside?  Whelp - there two stuffed birds that were a wee bit homely and oh so thrilling for my dudes.  (Sigh)
Even as I type, that gangly, large sage grouse is propped front and center in Kael's room.
Thanks, Brandon.  (Insert Sarcasm)
And Dax Man scored his very own bowling ball complete with a vintage carrying case just as Kael did last year.  They're so gleeful about this treasure you cannot imagine.  (Eye Roll)

Let it be known I am already writing down epic ideas as they come to me for next year.
Pay Back is a mutha, Brandon.  :)
It was fun to gather at my sister's house and eat together and let the kiddos go wild.  We also held our annual food competition.  This year's ingredient was cream cheese.  I was robbed of the win - getting second place.  I'm certain it's because Alli's wild card vote (for her mom) swung the scale.  :)
It was the perfect way to start out Christmas weekend.
We love these folks we call family.
See ya next year!

No comments: