Sunday, January 14, 2018

Ice Castles...

A while back I snagged some tickets to see the Ice Castles in Midway on Groupon.
I didn't know what date to select but I did know my voucher was only good for a week night - so I selected a Monday evening in between Boone and RyGar's birthdays.
Of course I did not have "the best college football game ever" on the family calendar - but I do pay my Direct TV bill, so DVR to the rescue!  RyGar played along and came with us warning everyone he knew not to send him game updates "or else".  LOL
Back to the ice castles.  They were pretty amazing.  Interesting and a little bit tourist trappy...
BUT they had slides.  SLIDES!  Made entirely of ice!

And the little dudes were all in.  Including Booner.
It was fun to watch them resist pulling pieces of ice from the castle.
It was fun watching them make snow angels in the middle of the walk way. 
It was fun watching the light change colors and trying to find Dax who had stowed away in an igloo.
We probably won't go again.  But it's fun to have gone and seen.
And we probably won't soon forget.

No comments: