Wednesday, August 2, 2017

These Are My People...

Despite my most concerted efforts to look to the sunny side of life - occasionally I feel that I am largely living in a reactionary fashion as I respond to the mayhem and messes and schedules of parenting.  It's just a part of the gig.
You know what's refreshing?  Looking at these little mugs and realizing this is our life - and life is good.  And no, we can't control everything, but we can really have some influence and teach our little brood that life can be good all the time if you're willing to seek it out and work towards it.
Now --caveat:  Ryan says there is NO silver lining or joy in family picture night. :)  But me?  I would do it all again and listen to them howl & whine and have sweat drip down my back to get the reward.  Years from now when I am old and losing my memory I will have these pixels that form together to capture the seven, seven, five and one and a half year old faces of my boys... and the forty year old Ryan (that's a good vintage) and me, tired and happy at 37.
And I'll be SO so so grateful.
When I look at these faces I am newly motivated to do my best to make our family life happy and purposeful...  I want my kids to feel joy, love and fulfillment in their own lives.  I want them to think big - but also appreciate the magic in the small and simple things and be content in those too.
This is such a sacred season of life when our kids are small and dreams are big.  When magic is real.  Laughter is easy.  Challenges are present.  Responsibilities are heavy.  Life is busy.  And there is so much gratitude for all of it.
This season is really, really special and absolutely worth celebrating.
Love you guys.
Your Dad and You make my world go 'round.
Cheers to the Good Life - AND Family Pictures.  :)

1 comment:

The Rosenberg's said...

LOVE these words! And pictures - gorgeous.