Friday, July 7, 2017

Red White and Blue Through & Through...

The Fourth of July snuck up on me this year.  Which is blasphemy coming out of my mouth because #favoriteholiday
Sunday came and we went to church and taught lessons, then we raced home and threw in all the red, white and blue clothing we could grab from drawers and closets - along with our baseball mitts because priorities - and off we went to my hometown shindig.
The thing is - it doesn't matter how much I personally plan - these kids - they just get there and lauch themselves into all the "summer holiday at Grandma's" postcard activities you can imagine.  Even if it is 100 degrees and we're all melting like popsicles... we just eat another.  :)
And let me tell you - we don't take the opportunity to celebrate family, our country and summer  - lightly.  We know how to have some fun!
I will forever be grateful to live in the good old U.S. of A. and celebrate her birthday with those I love.  I love being an American.  I love raising Americans. 
And there is something about that night with the booms shaking the valley around us and lighting up the skies... it's the crescendo of the whole celebration and my heart feels happy happy happy.
So you've been warned... my American Summer freak flag is flying mighty high...
See evidence below:
I love watching my family enjoy summer.

No comments: