Monday, July 17, 2017

Lake Tahoe... I kid, Tibble Fork...

Just up in our canyon sits the prettiest little lake there ever was.  In fact, if it wasn't so dang populous for this country girl's style - it might be on the list of my top five lakes ever.  And hell's bells - the good folks of Urban planning just made it a little bit better.
Tibble Fork now resembles the blue waters of Lake Tahoe.  The pine trees run right down to the water on one side and on the other side they have imported loads and loads of powder fine sand so you can "beach" til your little heart's content.  I'll be honest - beaching will consume most of your time unless you're in a water craft because that icy, mountain water is FRIGID!  But who cares?
Just LOOK AT IT!  
We have commandeered my Dad's kayak for a few weeks so we can fully experience it and we joined forces with some of our favorite neighbors who (BLASPHEMY... had never been before) and we spent one entire afternoon swimming and beaching and kayaking.  The hours flew by.
  
My only regret is not taking along my big camera to capture this place in all it's summer glory.  It kind of inspired me for the second half of our summer adventures... 
DO MORE!  CRAM MORE IN!  GET OUT THERE!
I'm like a freak of nature at the moment.
So I'm sure you'll 'Scuse us while we go lap up more of summer's simple pleasures like this one.
And no one mention T minus however many days until school starts...
Or Else.  :)

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Looks awesome! We got some little kid kayaks from Costco for like $79 each earlier this summer, and Dax and Cora are all over the lake with them. Best investment ever.