Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Desert Water Dogs...

You know what I love most about taking my kids to the same places each summer?  I love that I see the change from year-to-year.  I'm very aware of my fleeting time with them as my little pack of crazy buddies - but I'm also so grateful and so happy I get to enjoy so many sun-filled days with them. 
 They're definitely starting to stock up their own storage unit full of summer memories -- it's fun to watch and funny to hear what stands out to them trip after trip.  

These pictures from the pool?  This captures just one pool trip out of six on this trip to Dixie.  I took my camera this time because the sun was setting and I knew we could get some golden light to enhance these golden moments.  But these are just snippets of what happens on a week-long trip south.  Little moments out of SO many that make me smile and spurn my memory.

I always want to remember how tough it was this year to cram two boys into the center of the inner tube but how once they stuffed themselves in it was all giggles trying to pry themselves out.
I want to never ever forget how fearless our little Boone-Doggle was at the pool.  Jumping off the deck and into the water without any arms to catch him.  Feeling so big and independent.
I want to remember how seriously Kael takes his diving and how he asks me to watch a bajillion times in his trademark "quiet" voice.  :)
This trip I tidied up the back patio and was arranging furniture and when I stopped to take it all in around me I noticed that a non-working fountain and a hose was providing hours worth of entertainment.  
Boone took his first "back yard pee" and was thrilled as punch to be watering the grass.  :)  And the boys howled at him as they watched him discover his manly powers. 
And this trip was the first time we took to the river.  It was a little ragey in some parts due to some mountain monsoon rains - but we found a quiet section near Sullivan park and the boys ran wild.  All but Ace who sliced open his toe and had to keep it out of the muddy water.
Summer brings so many joys and reminders of how I really want to live my life.  And the beauty is I get to choose no matter the season.  So here's to a life well-lived, whether it be under the sweltering July sun, or the frigid icicles of winter.  

We got this.

No comments: