Tuesday, January 3, 2017

That Sunny AZ Desert...

Back at the beginning of December Ryan and I took Boone to Arizona on his "Solo Kiddo/We Survived Baby's First Year" trip.  I don't know how this became a tradition, but I don't care a bit because I just love it. 
Getting away with only one little love under the age of one is like having a getaway with a pet puppy.  It's fairly easy, everyone showers their adoration on said little one, and it's as close to a couples getaway as you can get at this stage.  PLUS we soaked up the warm rays of the SUN and enjoyed canopies of palm trees and ate fresh citrus.
I will always love the AZ desert for being one of the first chapters of our life together.

My favorite shot of Boone might have been at the airport the morning we left.  It was cold and snowy out and he was sick of sitting in the car seat or being held, so we let him wander through gift shops and what did his little fingers find first?  A naughty magazine of course!  :)
I think he must have been thinking, "MMmmmm Lunch!"  Ha Ha.
 He was a good little flier and earned his wings in style - especially near the end.
Zzzzzz
And then the grand tour of seeing family, visiting our favorite old eats, and picking up Ryno's new car began.  It was so fun to meet up with some of our favorites. 
Some day when I'm 90 and I've got nothing to lose Imma gonna steal this street sign for Kael.  :)
Tia Rosas is now called BOCA in the event that you need to know.
I studied this whole thing out because life without Tia Rosas Bocas might not be worth living.
Boone agrees.
On the way home we stopped in St. George to see Grandma Clement.
She looked beautiful all dressed up for church as was a gracious host as always.
Boone is a good judge of character and I'll tell you what, little man was all smiles in Grandma's arms.
So many thanks to our parents who took turns taking care of the big boys at home while we were away.  That's never an easy task, but they did it and we appreciate it so much!

No comments: