Sunday, January 22, 2017

Snow-pocolypse....

This past week has been full of SNOW!
One big storm after another has pummeled our home and we are all thrilled about it.  
I love winter snow storms on weekends especially... everyone is together - we all go out to shovel and play and enjoy it - There is no rush to be here or there.  And when we aren't outside enjoying, we're inside cozying - which makes for some pretty perfect moments.
Ryno plows everyone's walks since he is in no hurry to head to a client.  So sweet.
We got about a foot yesterday on top of the 3-4 inches we had on the ground prior to that.  AND more is slated to come over the next few days.  I'm loving wearing nothing but leggings, sweaters, sorrels and beanies... the base layer that can quickly be added to.  
The boys are loving building forts, sledding, and snow ball fights with their friends. 
 
Side note - they're so COOL.  Right?
I bought those beanies when they were two.  TWO!  I was so excited to see my little groms wearing that little hat duo in the winter months and here they are - 7 & 6 - missing teeth and being COOL.
There is something both calming and invigorating about the world covered in snow, don't you think?  Plus, it does my rural heart good to know that our mountains are getting thoroughly soaked in h2o in various forms.  I think I might have been a farmer in another life?
 Boone takes sledding SO seriously.  He is so calm and content yet he DOES NOT crack a smile.  I think he thinks he is running the Iditarod or something?
 And so - you know where to find us this week.  We'll be out in the white stuff OR in with some hot chocolate and a good game of War, SlapJack, or Uno.
And I'll be paying good attention to the sky, the abundant comforts we have, and all my little fellers.  
 Happy Snow Days, to You!

No comments: