Friday, December 30, 2016

An Extra Helping of Little Holiday Things...

The days leading up to Christmas seem to be pretty magical don't you think?
I mean, call me crazy, but I kind of tend to get butterflies in my stomach the days preceding the big guy's arrival, because there is just so much good floating around in the universe. 

Well, as we began to settle in for the last week before Christmas fully enjoying it all...
We got this:
 And a partridge in a pear tree.  :)
Kaelster broke his "grown up tooth" in a little accidental scuffle with Ace and off we went for a late night dental appointment.  Big man was tough - and didn't even cry!
Since he was all patched up he felt confident and ready to sing at the school Sing Along.
And so did this guy!
I love that they find me in the crowd and flash me their grins! If they ever get too old to smile at their mama they'll get their ears boxed.  :)
 On the last day of school we recruited our neighbor friends to blast a full-on Candy Cane Bomb.  We left a little Christmas cheer in the form of peppermint candy on every car in the crowded parking lot and delivered many in person.
Could our little elves be any cuter?

 Ace said to me, "This is making my heart warm AND it's fun!"
We had a few winter's naps before and during the break...
We hit up a few games and ate every single variety of concession's food.
We had a few meltdowns over fingers not going into the right glove holes and not being able to push all the buttons in the hotel elevators.  And also this one when we learned Boone is more of a hands free kind of guy -- behold, the pout. 
Christmas this year was magic.  A moment in motherhood for me that I will always remember.  When all four of my kids were still enraptured by all the imaginative delights of Christmas.  When the inconvenience of cold and snow only added to the feeling.  When home felt cozy and family was near.  When we were right in the thick of it - including the crazy.  If you're going to lose yourself in something, motherhood is sure a delicious thing to lose it to.

No comments: