Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Sweet little Contractors...

When it was just Ryan and I - pre-kiddo days - I had a whopping case of O.C.D.
No lie, I made Ryno jump over my new vacuum lines when he was home and everything was embarrassingly polished and sterile.
Think of what a weirdo I would have been if I never would have been blessed with these little fellers?
Well let's fast forward to present day.  I am a mom of FOUR boys and I have embraced plastic table cloths and homely looking gingerbread houses.  I've come a long way, people.  
On Sunday night I didn't even care a lick because Disney's, Frozen, was playing on network TV like the good old days.  Our tree lights were glistening.  I had a batch of homemade carmel corn to munch on.  And all my boys worked together to create the perfect gingerbread house - because perfection is in the eyes of the beholder.  
They didn't even argue about it (oddly) it must be Christmas time? They kind of just farmed out "duties" and worked like a little army of builders that could.  :)

And all hail the Christmas Gingi House Gods for Neccos!  For a while there, they were MIA, but we found 'em and the roof of this little gingerbread abode is legitimately cute -- crooked, but cute!
Boone got in on the action long enough to shove an embarrassing number of non-baby-friendly candies in his mouth and subsequently spit them out resulting in a rainbow of drool down his little chinny-chin-chin.  #winning  
At the end of the season we'll chuck it just to press repeat on this tradition again next year.  But for now, I'll look at my festive little imperfect tablescape and smile.  All thanks to my cute little contractors who built up something sweet together this Christmas.
XO

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

Looks awesome! We got the same one (Costco rocks!) and I guess I should blog about it...or really about anything, I am a slacker. Neccos is a great idea, I just had M&Ms to add to the kit candy. Also...my kids only build the house so I can take its picture, then they immediately eat it. Even though it is hard as rocks, they break that sucker apart, dip the pieces in milk, and chow down.

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El NiƱo Y Tu Pilin