Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Memorialize the Weekend...

This weekend we celebrated the start of summer in wonderful Wayne with all of my family.  The Rasmussen's were holding a reunion and we were invited to attend since the Albrecht brothers were hosting.  I made them pose for this picture for several reasons really:
1.  I have very few of them together
2.  I want to show my boys that even in adult hood brothers are friends & work together
3.  These guys are all like bonus grandpas to my kiddos and they are so loved...
(whether they like it or not)
Of course the boys were eager to hang with cousins (which they did for hours on end)... so much so that we mostly played and I rarely even got out the camera.

And just as eager to ride in the razor with their Daddy-o to one of their favorite fishing spots to really nail 'em.  Ryno told me that he spent 98% of the time baiting hooks and caring for their catches.  These little dudes set their own hooks and reeled in every single fish.
Next time they'll have to clean 'em themselves, say Papa Bear.  :) 
Baby Boone made the rounds from loving sets of hands to more loving sets of hands at the reunion, at Grandma's, to little adoring girl cousins, and Aunts and Uncles.  
He also discovered and LOVED the swing at Grandma & Grandpa's beloved red house.
We visited the grave of my Grandma & Grandpa Albrecht.  It's such a pretty little cemetery and my little patriots remembered the significance of the flags billowing in the breeze at certain headstones.
And of course, they spent some time making mud pies at the "bakery" where cousins worked for HOURS together stocking the shelves with red velvet and chocolate delectables.
I love that little corner of the lot.
I also love that we would spend every waking hour of life, and every dollar in our wallet, and maybe throw in a kidney or some other organ for these people in our life.
 We are truly blessed.

No comments: