Monday, June 27, 2016

Re-Nember...

Have I ever told you how I try to NOT correct my little gents when they mispronounce things?  Well, guilty as charged.  Ace - for forever - has said, "Oh I 'renember' this place!" I love it so much!  It makes me smile just hearing him utter the word.
So, this past weekend, I hauled my little tribe of lads to southern Utah to swim and bask in the heat and sun AND to hang with my best friend, Ashley, and her cute little girls.  And, of course, to properly introduce Boone to our long St. George summer days and nights.  :)
Boone didn't mind the desert one little bit.
We literally just go back and forth between her pool and mine and the boys guzzle Gatorade and snack on everything in sight, and Ash and I swim and suntan and talk a mile a minute.  It's the best.  Since RyGar was working in Wyoming - why the heck not?
Well, we pulled up to Ashley's complex pool the first morning and Acey exclaimed, "OH!  I 'renember' this place!  This is where we jump off the rocks like a lot of times!"
Cue the Heart flutters.... 
For two reasons:
1.  That sweet little mispronunciation... And,
2.  He remembers.  He remembers his mama schlepping it to the pool with he and his brothers last summer.  He remembers jumping off the rocks and swimming with his little girl friends for hours on end.  He remembers heading to the Pizza Factory at the end of the day in his gym shorts without his undies because I forgot to throw them in the pool bag.  He remembers!
(And Hallelujah, I remembered the undies this time around!)
Isn't that what we all do all these "summer shenanigans" for anyway?  Just to hear that our babies  know and associate fond memories with our long/hot/messy summer adventures?  
I think, yes.  We're writing stories in the pages of their books of life, and childhood chapters are a precious few, because they're only little for such a little time.  So it makes me giddy with mama bear pride that he "renembers" this part of our summer.  
I think it's one of the best parts too, little buddy... thanks to you and your "brudders".
Another mispronunciation of his that I will let go as long as I possibly can.  :)

No comments: