Monday, June 20, 2016

Yellowstone Part II...

Have you seen the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone?
If not, put it on your bucket list.  It's gorgeous and it's impressive power was evident even to my little gents...
"What would happen if you were just floating down the river and then you fell down that waterfall?"  
"How many gallons of water do you think comes out of there?"
"Could a buffalo live if it fell down that water fall?"
Mama's got some precocious little dudes and a whole lot of studying to do.  :)

I love hiking with them.  They ask so many questions and get so serious about showing us their mad hiking skills.  It's just us, them and the world around us... it's magic.
You know what isn't magic?  When your husband won't roll up your window as a bison walks RIGHT by it.  I almost died.  Geez...
Back to magical...
This little feller in the sun hat.
Every single tourist had a sweet comment to make about my little Joey strapped to my front.
He loved the fanfare and I loved having him with me.
When he got sleepy we would rotate him, and he and I would snuggle chest to chest, and in mere moments he would be out like a light.
Best traveling babe ever.
In Old Faithful, Ryan and I started to talk about how crazy we were to be traipsing around with all our best people in a hot bed of geothermal activity.  What do we have some sort of death wish?  It's all gonna blow folks... and I don't want to be there the day it happens.  But on this day... I was there, like a crazy tourist, as the earth made itself known that it was anything but stable.  Weird I tell you.
My obedient boys who were rewarded with an ice cream from the Old Faithful Inn for staying dutifully on the trail.  All the fist bumps, little men!
And after all the fun at Yellowstone, we headed out to Jackson Hole.
Because every little boy needs a picture of themselves standing beneath an archway of antlers.
Of course, we could probably arrange that in Grandpa Hooky's garage, too.  :)
The boys wasted no time hitting up the pool.
And holy cow - I have FOUR little pool boys!  
I. Die.
At their little tan bodies (excluding Boone's).
 At the way they all race to hold baby brother.
At Boone's awesome man boobs.
All of it.
Booner Bear is a fish - just like his brothers.
After all that splashing in the pool he must have been downright exhausted, because I handed him to his daddy-o who wrapped him up in crunchy pool towels....
 And BAM - he was out.  Like a sweet little lump of dough.
One of my favorite parts of our Road Trip 2016, was stopping at the temples to snap a pic of the boys per a challenge our Primary leaders issued to them.  We talked about why we love temples and how lucky we are that wherever we travel, we can find one nearby.  We also talked about the sealing power of temples and how grateful we are that we can all be together forever.  
Here are my big boys at the temple that is being built in Star Valley, Wyoming.
And on the opposite end of the thought spectrum...
You know it was a great trip when even the pee stops are scenic - ammiright?!  :)
And you come home with the only souvenir that is acceptable or logical after a trip to 
Bear World and Yellowstone...
 Bear Paw Slippers.
Why didn't I think of that?
All the heart eyes for Idaho, Wyoming and Montana.  We're happy to be your neighbors!

1 comment:

The Sutherland Family said...

Looks way awesome! Love the pics. Guess I'm going to have to go, especially since it's so close to me now!