Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Little Weekend Things...

I have somehow fallen behind on the family blog.  Life, man... it's happening at a "speed of sound" kinda rate right now or something, but there are some magical little shots from the last few weekends that deserve a nod because some of my very favorite things are happening right now and they make me come alive...
The colors.  Though sparse this year, RyGar and the boys found some patches of goldenrod and flame orange this past weekend while hunting and they dutifully snapped them up in pixel form and sent them to me.  My only request when the boys go play in the mountains is that I get some photographic evidence of their time together.  Ryno came through like a champ.
 
Tiny man child getups.  Seeing them in their little camo pants and blaze orange jackets?  That's one of my favorite things.  The dirt around their nostrils and smudged on their cheeks is like the cherry on top.  The whole scene makes me come alive... and if I thought I loved RyGar when we got married, I never saw the train that was coming that was Ryan as a father.  Man oh man, I love that dude.
A good fall festival.  While the big boys were away, Ace and I got to play with my sista and Haven.  These little loves were just tickled pink to be together and to be the center of their Mamas' attention.  The corn kernels I'm still finding in the dryer?  Yep - they make me come alive as I relive that day in our little fall village made complete with the best carmel apple I've ever eaten.
A bump.  Like an official, "Oh you're pregnant" bump that isn't mistaken for anything else.  I love this little basketball...  I love getting to feel him roll and kick around in their and literally feel life inside me.  Now if only we could zero in on some names.
The Gardner Guys in their "Primary Program Sunday Best"... the vests had me all, "Oh HEY there dapper dudes", throw in some yellow, the color of happy, and I was smitten.  They rocked the mic that day like professional public orators.  Budding Junior Senators is what we have here.
 
 
The great flood of 2015.  We had a hail/rain storm unlike any other I've ever seen in our neck of the woods, and the aftermath made my front yard the lake front property I never imagined I would have.  It took all day to finally flow through the drainage system and our front yard became a play place to every kid in the hood.
Step-for-step.  RyGar was working in the yard and our little Ace Face pulled out his "mighty machine" and followed him around dutifully for an entire afternoon.  He didn't falter once, didn't even think of quitting and mimicked his Daddy-o's every move.  It was dreamy.
Rope swings by the lake.  We took a Sunday stroll and found ourselves a swing.  I still see their ultrasound profiles every now and again and it's kinda magical.  That's not just the hormones talking, right?  Naaaahhhh.
Silly faces at soccer Saturdays.  We may not have it all mastered quit yet, but dangit, we be workin' on it.  Though Kael has not professed soccer as his first great love, he has worked harder this year at practice and at his games than in year's past and we see some major improvements.  It's fun to watch him grow and excel, even if it's at something that may not always be the most "fun" for him.  And I love that they are all growing their muscles, their intensity and their knowledge that they can be a team player and do hard things.

Did you make it?  Whew.
I know all these little things that make me come alive are too big and too wonderful to hold inside.  So here I am, writing them down, saying them aloud and putting them into the world, because no matter how small our "little weekend things" seem now - they'll be the things that mattered most when we look back on our Saturdays & Sundays in suburbia during an Indian Summer.

No comments: