Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Force...

You guys, have you walked through a grocery store lately?  Props to Disney's marketing department for all the magic shenanigans they have done throughout all of America in promoting the old and new Star Wars.  My kids are officially obsessed.

Here... I offer you photographic evidence:
 I love the imagination this whole thing sparks.  They can often be found outside fighting some sort of battle against some bad guy with their light "savers".  You know, just saving the world one day at a time and all that?  What I don't Love...
Is being quizzed all day, err day about characters ages, powers, ships, relatives, weapons and all other random factoids... Because, "No, I don't know when Yoda's birthday is."  Sheesh.
Ryan exercises the largest haul of patience I've ever seen the dude exhibit when he watches the movies with these gents.  Lately the movies have consumed our "Friday Fun Night" screen time.  I'm not really a Star Wars kinda gal, but Ryno knows the movies and watched them as a little lad himself... what he wasn't prepared for was the onslaught of mid-movie BURNING questions.  He has to push pause while they ask things like, "Wait, so is Luke using the force right there or not... because he isn't a Jedi yet, right?  And so, if you're not a Jedi, but you're training to be a Jedi, can you still use SOME force?  And -- When will he get a "light saver" and when does Anakin get his arm cut off?"  Somehow, their stream of consciousness almost always ends in, "When will Anakin get his arm cut off," OR "When do we get to see Yoda fight?"  It's freakin' exhausting, is what it is.
I know this is just a fantastic little boy phase spurned on by the magic of marketing and end cap everythings that sport Luke Skywalker's face in every store across America... but seriously, may the force be with me while we see this one through!  :)

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Haha! Welcome to my world! Actually, Dax is not as obsessed with Star Wars as he used to be, but I expect a resurgence to happen soon, because wow his eyes lit up when he saw all the stuff at Target the other day but i hustled him out of there as fast as possible. (If you have any questions, though, I probably know the answers, having been subjected to the movies quite a few times...but I don't know when Yoda's birthday is ;-)