Monday, September 14, 2015

More Stay-cation...

For the record I would live in a full-service hotel if I could.
I remember hearing that Rick Majerus lived in the Hotel Utah when he coached at the University of Utah, and I just never fully recovered from that imagery... Clean linens to sleep in every night.  Miniature sized lotion bottles to spare.  An ice machine and a pool and ROOM SERVICE!  It all seemed pretty magical.
Even after roughly eight years of business travel - my love of hotels has not worn off.  I get you, Rick.  I totally get you.  And so do my kids who are won over by fancy "family" bathrooms and jumping across great "canyons of lava" between beds.
Yep, the Gardner guys may grow up to be their own versions of Mister Majerus.  They eagerly pack up their swim trunks and goggles as soon as the word "hotel" is mentioned.  So, after our day at Lagoon we stayed at one of our faves... the Little America.  Maybe it's strictly nostalgia from my own childhood days at this place, or more likely, it's the the inside/outside pool... but whatever the reason, this place is loved by us all.
RyGar had one zillion pending to-dos and deadlines so he swam with us that night then tucked us in tight and headed home for the moonlight shift of work.  We stayed and caught a late breakfast at the coffee shop.
 And I'll be honest, all was right with the world after waffles bigger than our heads. 

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

I would love me some hotel living too! If only...