Thursday, September 3, 2015

It's Gettin' Cozy Up in Here...

So hey.  Hi.  Guess what?
Yep.
Baby Boy Number Four is going to be making his grand appearance early in January!  

Here's how the boys are feeling about it all.
And though this was NOT our plan, we are pretty excited to have a little caboose on his way.  

Isn't life completely ironic?  But really, though.  I mean, in my twenties I sat in a Fertility Clinic and got the devastating news (again) that our efforts to conceive were unsuccessful.  I put on my brave face and vowed to myself that even if it never happened for us -- this whole precious gift of family -- I would be a happy camper.  I specifically remember our non-religious case manager came in to meet with RyGar and I and said, "You guys, it feels like we are messing with the timing with the Gardners.  We can't find a single reason you shouldn't be able to conceive, and yet it isn't happening.  We have no answers, but I feel like I'm playing on a chess table and I don't control the pieces.  It's frustrating for me, so I can only imagine how it must feel to you."

Fast forward to now, when in my thirties, I am the most fertile woman on the planet!  :)  And I have all these adorable men around me that He has entrusted me with.  I'm in the throws of motherhood and I'm expanding my repertoire of "wifery skills" and I just love it.  Not every moment of every day, but by and large, the miraculous nature of this incredible journey is not lost on me.  That is the gift that our journey with infertility and adoption has given me... perspective.  I know the days are long and hard, but the years pass all too quickly.  I know we can plan, then plan some more, but we are not the ones who ultimately make the call.  And I'm good with it.

Are we accepting donations of entire sides of beef?  Yep.  Are we feeling a little surprised and overwhelmed?  You betcha.  But the underlying thread that binds all of this together is LOVE.  So much love for all that I've been given and the big gent I get to go through it all with.  And these three little rascals that have all been promoted to "big brother" status.  
Good thing blue is my favorite color.  :)

3 comments:

The Barclay Family said...

How exciting! Our surprise caboose was the best thing that's ever happened to our little fam �� So happy for you!

Chrystie said...

I know I already gushed on Instagram, but again, YAY! But seriously, I am kind of bummed the caboose isn't pink. But then again, you are the best boy mom eva.

Lindsay said...

Congrats! So excited for you!