Thursday, July 16, 2015

Horsin' Around...

This past weekend we escaped the valley and headed up to the land of Cache to visit my brother and his cute little family.  They basically possess a "host a slew of extra little boys" super power because they had assembled the big wall tent in the back yard, and left the eggs in the chicken coop for eager little hands to gather.  Translation:  They had set up a back yard of dreams for my little misters.

And the next day?  Well, we headed up Logan canyon with their horses for a stellar morning ride.
(I'll skip over the part where we were greeted by a rattler on the trail and I almost had a heart attack) 
And I'll jump right to the part where my kids felt like real horse men in an instant.
I must say, that a horse ride, as opposed to a razor or four-wheeler ride, is pretty dang rad.  You can actually look around, listen, and kind of more fully experience the area around you.  Do I sound all "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Repair"?  Well, I'm a zen artist then, because it was really gorgeous.
We'll exchange boat rides equally for horse rides.  How's that for livin'?  
We've really got it made.  :)
And after a hot day in the saddle, the kiddos strip teased and jumped into the creek.  Dax took the Polar Bear Challenge and fully submerged in the frigid waters like a champ.  Ace nearly had a panic attack when his shoe began to float downstream.  And Kaelster finally washed off his 'stache comprised of dirt, dust and sunscreen.
Thanks for the great weekend, BA!  We'll horse around with y'all any time you'll have us!
And end up looking like complete Clampetts.  That's part of the experience.

No comments: